temp gauge BS

92GSRneedswork

kinda wierd, last night i was driving and noticed that my temp gauge was all the way low when it def should not have been, so this morning i was like "alright ill start it up and let it fully warm up before i leave", which i did, but when driving this morning i noticed that the gauge gradually goes back down to comleletly cold while moving, and when im sitting still it goes back up to normal run temp, this is happening every time i stop and everytime i moving, please help

They are probably right, but I'd also check to make sure the sensor wire is still plugged in.

WAR 178

Premium User
I agree with errbody.... its more than likely your thermostat is sticking open. Easy fix! g/l

whitedc4

same exact issue with mine. but i would check your coolant level as well but like everyone else says the moment i changed my thermostat it was fixed.. is your heater working as well as it should be while the car is being driven? that's just kind of another sign of it needing replacing.

3Axis

mothaf*cka...
I can't believe Haynes calls for a torque spec on the bolts for the thermostat housing. How does one get a wrench in there?

SnD3

I can't believe Haynes calls for a torque spec on the bolts for the thermostat housing. How does one get a wrench in there?
A bit of magic, and the use of universal joints... :) I believe it might take 1-2 universal joints... Though, using it, you lose some of the torque, and have to figure out the equation to fix that issue...

Prozon

Kris
I don't torque anything on the outside of my engine. Internals are really what matters. What happens if you over-torque a thermostat housing? Nothing! Well unless you REALLY over-torque it. Then you can snap off the tiny little bolts. -_-