Timing Belt Replacement - Timing Cover Seals

ripncarz

First, what an awesome site this is for information, certainly an asset to the integra community!

I just got my 16 yr old son his first car, 2000 LS Teg, 111,000 miles. I want to teach him how to work on his car so we are in the process of changing the timing belt & water pump We are getting together a parts list and I want to make sure we get everything in one shot.

My question is the 2 rubber seals shown on the parts breakdown.
11831-P72-A00, rubber, seal (lower) & 11832-PR4-A00, rubber, r. back seal.

Do they need to be replaced? I have read a lot of threads about timing belt changes, but I haven't seen either of these 2 seals mentioned.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
i think the seals that you are talking about are the ones that go on the timing belt cover cases...those really do not need to be replaced...i dont even have those on my car and the timing cover works just fine...

i dont know if you thought about this, but consider changing out the water pump and tensioner

ripncarz

Thanks Integraguy04,

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't those just to seal out the dust, etc.

Also, we are definately going to do the water pump, tensioner & all three assessory belts.

Backwoodz Tuner

Well if there all F$@#*ed up and stretched outta shape or hard as a rock it would probably be a good idea to replace but not necessarily. Also cams seals and ur crankshaft seal are good to replace to when your doin the timing belt job , well only if there leaking. It makes it easier to replace since you'll have easier access to em with all the covers removed.also do u got a factory service manual for ur car? If not hit up thr link in my sig and follow it to the manuals section and download it for free, you'll be glad you did. PROMISE!

Last edited: