How much will labor cost for an engine install?

SoundEfx

There is a balance between cheap and quality.
So beware that some shops are very cheap for a reason.

osiris19

haha yeah.......right.
It's not hard. Unhook every connector, disconnect shift linkage, axles. Clutch line to the slave. Power steering and AC pumps, and then place a jack underneath and unbt the mounts. Drop it out. Done. Reverse of removal.

zack11122

I used my garage ceiling and ratchet straps to pull my motor. Easily done without a hoist. And I've dropped it out of the bottom and put it back in with a jack. If you try, you can succeed

Brett1414

Searching for that 1 swap
There is a balance between cheap and quality.
So beware that some shops are very cheap for a reason.
Yea true.. if i take it to a shop it might be JEimportperformance, but if i learn a bit more before ordering this thing im goin for the swap! Oh, How do you put in the ecu and wire harness that is the only that that im confused about...

SoundEfx

I used my garage ceiling and ratchet straps to pull my motor. Easily done without a hoist. And I've dropped it out of the bottom and put it back in with a jack. If you try, you can succeed
I don't think that anyone is doubting the fact that it can be done without out a hoist.
It's the 'easily' done without a hoist that's the issue.

Brett1414

Oh i thought he was joking you guys are dead serious...if i could get it cheap at harbor frieght for rental i would probably go that route tho..

72Spitfire

B20 - $600 Shop install - at least $1000. You should do it yourself. A good learning experience. Might take you three days. It is possible to do in one long day, but you need to have done it before and make sure you have everything ready.

Brett1414

Yeah, i really feel as though if i did a swap with some help, i could do anything to my car.

Silver2

DB7 Driver
Found this in Baltimore craigslist...call them and ask who can install for you. In my area it is $1800 to $2000 including the B20b

VIRGINIA JDM MOTORS, LLC.
Importer Of High Quality Engines and Parts
13909 Willard Rd
Chantilly, Virginia 20151
Phone: (703) 870-7412

Educate your parents. Tell them Hondas last forever and engine swaps are commonly done. You probably already know that but they don't.

You could probably DIY with some help and expertise. The hard part would be connecting up all the wires and stuff.

Last edited: