How much will labor cost for an engine install?

Brett1414

Searching for that 1 swap
So my 94 LS shell arrived today and i plan on convincing my angry parents to allow me to store it in a garage. So with that said how much you think it would cost for a shop to install an engine in there if i pay for the engine to be shipped to the shop? reason i ask this is cause my stepdad claims that engine swaps cost 6k and i feel as though that's way off....

Also if i were to leave it on the driveway can a neighbor complain and get it towed?
(Right now its on the street :( and my 00GS is right behind it) I know not safe...

Mikeinteg

What kind of engine? Do u plan on buying it locally? U could pick up a gsr swap off craigslist for like 1500-3 thousand dollars used. Id call a bunch of reputable shops and tell them your plans and ask for costs and if they have done these swaps before ect. Personally I'd swap it out myself considering ur going to be paying people essentially for their tools when u could buy the tools and have them for future swaps for cheaper... regarding your neighbours having ur car towed. Do u have storage insurance?

Brett1414

No, whats storage insurance exactly. And its going in the garage tomorrow. Im probably gonna buy a b18b and then go from there as a start...ive seen those go for real cheap and my parents are pretty pissed right now so i gotta get it up an runnin soon.

Mikeinteg

Its so you can park your car in public without getting ticketed or towed i believe. It might also cover someone crashing into it while its parked. I usually just park behind my un insured car that way no one can tell lol. Yea b18b's will go for much cheaper.it won't cost 6k though thats for sure

Brett1414

Im sure i could if i wanted too, especially b18b since i already have one, but idk im just curious to see how much labor would cost vs. getting a hoist and doing a whole bunch of stuff that i really wouldnt want to do. If labor was like for ex. $600 id probably pay that vs diy and messing up. I figure a full b18b swap is 1500+600 for labor=2100. Oh and why buy a shell? Good question...its cheaper and i can sell everything im not keeping and make some $$ off it of course like the cf hood, front and rear seats and black ls mesh with tires. If i sell those three things i will have made all my money back!

Swerve

Shawn
Yea that is a very clean shell man, look into a b20 swap. How mechanically inclined are you? Any good friends good with this shit?

Brett1414

Yea that is a very clean shell man, look into a b20 swap. How mechanically inclined are you? Any good friends good with this s***?
I was thinkin about it actually but don't know too much about it, and i either will save up for a local b18c next year or get a b18b this year and sell my current dd. As for my mechanic skills....well....the only things i have ever done to a car were painting the valve colver, cleaning the iacv and doing brake pads, so i may not be ready for it now, but if i do some more research it should be a piece of cake. and if i were to ask my friends what a cai was they would have no clue....lol.