**B18b1 nonvtec turbo buit**

Da9nosiy

Okay so I'm kinda new to this. I have done my research on most of this. So my plan is to built a b18b1 nonvtec turbo build on my 1990 integra. My goal is to make up to 350-400 whp. Do you guys think I will be able to reach my goal or near my goal with this set up?
What do you guys think and can you give me more info on what I should do or not do? Keep negative comments to your self! This my first built.
Any help I get will appreciate! Thank you!
**B18b1 BUILD**

-Wesco Pistons
-Eagle Rods
-550cc Injectors
-Edelbrock Victor X-Manifold
-Excedy Stage 3 clutch
-ARP Head Bolts
-Bigger Better Cams, BRAND???
-Fuel Pump, brands??
-Fuel regulator
-Wotbox/2step
-Fuel Rail
On a turbo I might go with an eBay turbo kit t3/t4 57mm (I know they might suck but I have read and heard good things about them but I want want to try it out first and later on I blow it up or ware it out I will get a brand name turbo) Note This will be a daily use.

Last edited:

96LSteg

Jemel
Okay so I'm kinda new to this. I have done my research on most of this. So my plan is to built a b18b1 nonvtec turbo build on my 1990 integra. My goal is to make up to 350-400 whp. Do you guys think I will be able to reach my goal or near my goal with this set up?
What do you guys think and can you give me more info on what I should do or not do? Keep negative comments to your self! This my first built.
Any help I get will appreciate! Thank you!
**B18b1 BUILD**

-Wesco Pistons - What compression?
-Eagle Rods
-550cc Injectors
-Edelbrock Victor X-Manifold
-Excedy Stage 3 clutch
-ARP Head Bolts
-Bigger Better Cams, BRAND??? No need
-Fuel Pump, brands?? Walbro 255
-Fuel regulator - No Need
-Wotbox/2step - WTH is this? You need to use hondata S300 or Neptune RTP
-Fuel Rail - No Need
On a turbo I might go with an eBay turbo kit t3/t4 57mm (I know they might suck but I have read and heard good things about them but I want want to try it out first and later on I blow it up or ware it out I will get a brand name turbo) Note This will be a daily use.
skip the ebay turbo. when the turbo breaks it can/will damage your motor so you'll be buying a new motor too (you've been warned)

Planning on getting any head work? B1 heads suck donkey dick

Da9nosiy

skip the ebay turbo. when the turbo breaks it can/will damage your motor so you'll be buying a new motor too (you've been warned)

Planning on getting any head work? B1 heads suck donkey dick

Okay so on turbo I will end up buying a brand maybe garret
And I'm going with low compression or same as the stock or idk if I should change it not to sure honestly? And i have a a1 in head great condition? Do you think i should slam that one instead? Thank you for the reply and info.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
-Wesco Pistons - Have you though about compression, bore, or sleeves?
-Eagle Rods - Eagles are fine for what youre doing
-550cc Injectors - Will max out at 340hp on gasoline
-Edelbrock Victor X-Manifold - Fine but probably overkill, a Skunk2 street manifold would work for you.
-Excedy Stage 3 clutch - Fine
-ARP Head Bolts - Standard issue
-Bigger Better Cams, BRAND??? - Crower 402 or 403 and upgraded valve springs.
-Fuel Pump, brands?? - Walbro 255 would be fine. Anything bigger would be extra (walbro 340 or 400 etc)
-Fuel regulator - Stock is fine.
-Wotbox/2step - Your EMS will perform this function.
-Fuel Rail - Stock is fine.

On a turbo I might go with an eBay turbo kit t3/t4 57mm I strongly urge you not to buy an ebay turbo. They are garbage and they will fail either immediately or soon.

For that HP you want a turbo that flows in the neighborhood of 35-45lbs/min. Choices would include Garrett T3 Super 60, any Garrett T3/T4 50 trim, Journal Bearing Garrett GT28, Precision 4854B or 4831B, or the good old Mitsu 16G or 18G.

What about turbo manifold, intercooler, piping, wastegate and blow off valve?

96LSteg

Jemel
Okay so on turbo I will end up buying a brand maybe garret
And I'm going with low compression or same as the stock or idk if I should change it not to sure honestly? And i have a a1 in head great condition? Do you think i should slam that one instead? Thank you for the reply and info.
b18a1 and b18b1 are the same motor. Just had a name change. So swapping heads wont make a difference.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
b18a1 and b18b1 are the same motor. Just had a name change. So swapping heads wont make a difference.
The intake and cams are different between the two, plus a few other smaller things.

OP have you even found a reputable tuner for this setup?

Da9nosiy

The intake and cams are different between the two, plus a few other smaller things.

OP have you even found a reputable tuner for this setup?
Yes I found a great tuner where I am his name is (Courtney Green) so the tuning I have that figure out. I just wanted to now more info on what I need or whats best! For a good set up.? Do you think I'll be able to reach 350whp and if my heads arent good then I'll go LSV

Da9nosiy

-Wesco Pistons - Have you though about compression, bore, or sleeves?
-Eagle Rods - Eagles are fine for what youre doing
-550cc Injectors - Will max out at 340hp on gasoline
-Edelbrock Victor X-Manifold - Fine but probably overkill, a Skunk2 street manifold would work for you.
-Excedy Stage 3 clutch - Fine
-ARP Head Bolts - Standard issue
-Bigger Better Cams, BRAND??? - Crower 402 or 403 and upgraded valve springs.
-Fuel Pump, brands?? - Walbro 255 would be fine. Anything bigger would be extra (walbro 340 or 400 etc)
-Fuel regulator - Stock is fine.
-Wotbox/2step - Your EMS will perform this function.
-Fuel Rail - Stock is fine.

On a turbo I might go with an eBay turbo kit t3/t4 57mm I strongly urge you not to buy an ebay turbo. They are garbage and they will fail either immediately or soon.

For that HP you want a turbo that flows in the neighborhood of 35-45lbs/min. Choices would include Garrett T3 Super 60, any Garrett T3/T4 50 trim, Journal Bearing Garrett GT28, Precision 4854B or 4831B, or the good old Mitsu 16G or 18G.

What about turbo manifold, intercooler, piping, wastegate and blow off valve?
Okay sound good I will start ordering looking into those you suggested. I will be getting manifold, Intercooler, piping, ect. As well. Bore will be the same as stock, Stock sleeves as well. on the compression what do you suggest so i can pull off that power!?
Thank you for the info!

Last edited:

Muckman

Not a M0derator
You should always go up a size to 81.5mm as old worn cylinders tend to egg shape and will be out of round.
The fuel would dictate what compression you can run. I recommend 10:1 if on pump gas. Higher if you can run E85.

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
You give out really good info Muckman. I always appreciate it :thumbs up Not my thread but still great info.

I also believe the stock sleeves are limited to around 350hp. So I'd look into that as well.

Da9nosiy

You should always go up a size to 81.5mm as old worn cylinders tend to egg shape and will be out of round.
The fuel would dictate what compression you can run. I recommend 10:1 if on pump gas. Higher if you can run E85.
Makes since! Yes I will be on pump gas since it will be my daily, thanks again man

Muckman

Not a M0derator
You're welcome. Stock sleeves are a huge grey area. Some people push them to beyond 500hp without a problem while some crack at 250hp. Personally I don't like to push them past 400. Look into http://www.cylindersupportsystem.com for a great middle option between stock sleeve and very expensive sleeving.

Da9nosiy

You're welcome. Stock sleeves are a huge grey area. Some people push them to beyond 500hp without a problem while some crack at 250hp. Personally I don't like to push them past 400. Look into http://www.cylindersupportsystem.com for a great middle option between stock sleeve and very expensive sleeving.
I'll check that site out. I doubt I'll hit 400 on my first time. And if I decide to go higher after awhile for sure I will upgrade my sleeving and of course crank!! Very helpful muckman appreciate it a lot

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
You can hit your goal on the stock intake manifold and stock cams. Turbo sizing is going to be important, you won't need anything crazy for your goals. 10.1:1 on a smallish turbo will make good power and be a very fun street car.

Keeping the stock cams and intake will keep your car more "tame" (keep mpg and streetable).

Da9nosiy

Any good sites to order my parts? Only one I'm thinking of is real street Performance?
Sites where it's cheap And Great Quality?