Samurai Blue's Integra Build

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I think it will be nicer to me over the mono hub. I realized at the last track day that I have a lot of things pushing the wheel into my chest which is making my elbows hit the door panel

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Massive update from like months of fun

drove up the hill to Cameron Park to visit my buddy Justin at his work place, Ground Control. Got a tour of the place and saw the infamous EG Sedan.

I picked up my Koni Race suspension. These were built by my buddy Alec, and the spring length / top hat choice was done by Justin. These are the Race version and not the standard yellows. I am running S2000 (half height) extended top hats in the front, reusing my regular top hats for the rear, and the race bump stops.

fun facts on my invoice

new v s old

Justin rebushing my old top hats to accept the koni bushings and to refresh them.

Justin "helping" me. And his old BRG Miata.

suspension installed

Purchased a Schroth Profi 6-II harness and sold the Takata MPH harness.

set my ride height

Traded my Gram Light 57S for some 57C Gram Lights in white and they were 15s. They also came with some heavily used R888 and RA1 tires. Perfect for spares.

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Very nice updates! I haven't seen your teg in so long?

Sended from my phone

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'

hanging with the guys at the shop

car needed a bath badly...

foil wrapped my intake to help lower IAT a bit. Colder air = denser air. And, for a few bucks couldnt hurt to try.

Did the whole clay bar and wax on my car. After a year of abuse it needed some TLC

Went to a car show with Dopematic, the judges didnt know how to judge my car.

began prepping for thunderhill and came across this...my brake line was almost ruptured.... This was 2 days before the event

Thanks to my buddy James, who came through and purchased me a set of GoodRidge SS lines.

Justin and I parked next to some Lotus Cup guys.

Was gridded 10th overall in the SpeedSF Challenge. Had brake failure on my outlap...huge disapointment on my first time attack session.

an eg hatch flipped coming over 5. looked like he rotated and hit the inside curb which flipped the car. Driver was luckily safe!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'

My buddy Mike cut this off of an RS for me. hehe!

Another view of my 57C

Thanks Peara, and Joe for delivering this bar from Matt!! I think this is one of the best strut bars on the market for our cars.

Doing some work to my roof. Found some goodies.

Switched to an NRG short hub/quick release to give me some arm room. Works great! Before people talk about "Fake Parts" I went to this from a MOMO hub / Sparco Race quick release.

Some shots by Bill Wang!

New PCI seat rail

removed the seam sealer from my roof

prep for Thunderhill's 5 mile track!

Oil pressure sending unit died while on track. While going WOT on the back straight of Thunderhill West i saw the needle jump i looked at it and it showed 0. i pulled the car back in, nothing was wrong. Taped up the gauge and went back out the next session. Although i didnt hear anything audible, i pulled the car off just to be on the safe side of things. Luckily my tuner, Elton and Justin were there to help diagnose the problems. Im shitty in stressful situations.

Hanging out with my buddy Jason, who won Honda Tuning Cup last year.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Good to hear that the driver of the flipped EG was ok.

I see that you have done a lot of what I will be wanting to do, minus the roll cage. I will be reading this whole thread one of these days to get ideas and hopefully answers to a lot of my questions. Figured I read and then ask if I haven't found my answers. Whats your alignment set at?

I noticed that Justin is rolling on Advanti Racing Storm S1 wheels. That's the wheels im looking to purchase next yr, when I get more money from my taxes. Got any thoughts about them?

Keep it up and lets see some results in the top 5 8)

Niiice update! Love seeing a minty fresh set of Koni/GC's :drool:
:drool:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I think the wheels are light and they are cool. I don't mind them. My alignment setting varries. Are you going to track your car?

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
I plan to autoX it. For now, im just collecting ideas from other racers and see product review on personal vehicles.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I plan to autoX it. For now, im just collecting ideas from other racers and see product review on personal vehicles.
ah. I see, there are a bunch of track guys here who have some reviews on products.

When are you swapping over that roof? Also, you should paint it before you install it.
im dropping the car off at Car n Bike Moto to have the roof done. Rather have it installed professionally installed so i dont have to deal with a headache.

Holy s*** nice update!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks!