This fog light wiring....wtf is wrong with 94-97 fog lights?

BlackInAction

Certified black kid
So me and OG set out on a project last night. Halos and fog lamps, started at about 7-7:30 and....ended at about 2:00....in the morning. Which was stupid but whatever. Anyways, I did all the wiring for the fog lamps and it ended up not working after all that time. So I have a few questions. First, should this plug(in engine cab) be the yellow, or red wired plug(going into brown plug)

Because I have the yellow plugged in, and nothing happens, and when I put the red plug in the fogs work but the car screams at me to get the f*** out.
Maybe I crossed wires or something? I also ran into the problem that my deck now doesnt turn off with the rest of the car. Could this also be something messing with the wiring?
Anybody who has already done the OEM fog lamps for a 94-97 would be amazing to help :/

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
i just ditched the switch and other unwanted wiring that came with it. Kept the positive and negative wires to make the fog lights come on and bought a 3 dollar switch from radio shack. Ran the wires from the battery and the switch through the firewall and there ya go...took about 45 minutes....I hate oem wiring that it all came with, so went an easy shortcut way. :)

itzrivera

i just did the wiring for my fogs this past wednesday, fucking 3 hours of trying to get them to work. in the end the only problem was that the plug with the yellow wire (that hooks up to the red/blue plug) was not connected all the way. Epic Fail, but make sure the yellow plug clips in all the way. i had to go hulk rage to get them to clip together.

in your pic it doesnt look like the plug is clipped in all the way

BlackInAction

Certified black kid
So I did everything plugged in all the way man and. It still doesn't work. What's the deal with when the stuff started working but happened weird when I crossed the wires?

Also inside the engine bay. The way the wire lets you do a layout, the red wire ends up being the ground, and then the black wire(coming from the relay) is the negative right? Its seems weird but that's what the layout allows

Last edited:

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Another issue we're having is when I plug it in the far right slot as requested, Keenan's radio stays on. any thoughts? I hate electricity

^^That's not my finger

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Did you wire it the oem way by using this as power?

As far as I know, we are. But I've never seen that plug. Keenan did most of the wiring, so he may have plugged that section in. Where is that located and what plugs in there?
Also, if you read the writeup I posted, it will explain what we are working with

Also, you have a 2001, Keenan has a 1996, so Idk if it's different. This is cunting stupid how long we have been trying to do such a simple task

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
First problem, ground and negative are the same thing. That red wire is supposed to be being fed power, and the black to your negative/grounding point. Start there. How is the relay wired and what kind is it? Single pull single throw?

Btw Keenan, coulda just told me it was you lol, i know who you is :thumbs up

Alex3337

I had more trouble wiring up my fogs than anything on my teg, its a 2000... on the fogs, mine had a switch to toggle on and off, there the pwJDM fogs anyways I ran the switch to my fogs beside my e-brake, there 4lil pieces in that area if you take a flat head svrew driver they pop out i located my switch there, after i ran my wire along the center consold to the fuse panel under the dash inside the care (this is were the black wire with the brown clip is located) and found a slot like you got listed above and found the slot were it get power wen the cars on and wen the power wen the cars not on, best way i can explain that, you will need a volts meter 2 determine which slot ill check mine tom 4 ya, after i hooked that up i rand the other wire through my firewall were the clutch plate is located, drilled a whole in it and ran the wire leading to your relay out to the engine bay, mounted the relay near the front left shock tower and grounded the wire after doing all that mess i installed the fogs and hooked the fog light harness to the brown plug wire believe it was yellow on mine you should have 2 brown plugs one that goes in the car and 2 out in the engine bay for you fog to your relay connect these and they should come on i probably confused you more than helped lol sry i hope this helps if it dont i could get pictures of my installation, my problem was a bad relay, i went to advanced and got one and they came on so the relay could be bad for the fogs and another thing on mine the wire leading to the fuse box inside the car with the brown plug wasnt in all the way make sure its getting good connection!

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
The wire coming from the relay should be red/power and going into the fogs. Don't wanna open that write-up if i don't have to, posting from phone :p