Transmission flush, what should I use?

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
So I'm planning on flushing mine hopefully next week, and was wondering if i should use synthedic or just regular oil.

In the shop Manual it says use 10W-30 or 10W-40 oil, and I didn't know which to use. Anyone with info would be great! Thanks

Winki

Undercover mod
I would use syncromesh IMO.. if not that Honda gear oil or lucas also has some good shit

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Honda came out with it's own OEM tranny fluid a few years back, before then they just used regular old oil in there. I'd go with that, it's like $4-4.50 a quart.

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
i got my auto tranny flushed in my old accord and a couple thousand miles later the damn thing wouldnt shift out of first anymore while the car was cold.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
They can do that f you don't change the fluid frequently. If you go 80k miles w/o changing it then your better off just not changing. That newer fluid will have thinner viscosity and and not work right due to the clearances of the gears over ther years of wear.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
TegSox said:
Honda came out with it's own OEM tranny fluid a few years back, before then they just used regular old oil in there. I'd go with that, it's like $4-4.50 a quart.
Go with the oil or Honda's tranny fluid?

The only reason I ask is because the service manual says regular Oil and i dont want to screw it up.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
Alright, do you think i could get that at the acura dealership or do i have to go to the honda?