Best amp for 2 12" Subs?

94tegT3 turbo

Which amp would dominate in powering up 2 12" Alpine subs. I'm thinkin any of the JL Audio amps would kick ass. But what do you guys think.

Baldy201

It doesnt matter so much company as output. If you buy a 300 watt JL amp to run a 2 400 watt 12" subs that will not work as well. Match the amps RMS to the 2 subs RMS.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Another stereo thread back from the dead.
94tegT3turbo hasn't been round here fo like a year. I think we embaressed da shit outta him cuz he would always come round hear like he new his shit and we wud buss him ass yo!

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
TegSox said:
Another stereo thread back from the dead.
94tegT3turbo hasn't been round here fo like a year. I think we embaressed da shit outta him cuz he would always come round hear like he new his shit and we wud buss him ass yo!
and you talk about my grammer. lol jk

rainstateracer

I had two JL Audio 12" subs in a W7 box, powered by a JL Audio 500-1 amp and that was more than enough power for them. It made the roof of my car bounce around and I could launch a quarter about 1 1/2 inches off of the roof. If you get an amp with this much power though, I would highly recommend getting a 1 farad capacitor so you don't kill your battery or alternator.

A JL Audio 500-1 should run you about $400 depending on where you get it.

Another good thing about this amp is, it is 1 ohm stable....in other words it can put out like a $2.00 hooker!!!

Something else you can do to get more bang for your buck is, run your speakers series parallel and bridge your amp...if your subs are DVC. That kicks the bass up a few notches!!!

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
TranceSpeeder said:
i wish i had money for JL's lol...

ile stick with my cheap shit. :(
My 10" Alpine Type-S subs are great, they arent that expensive either. I love them.

TranceSpeeder

Keep It Clean Yo!
I know someone who gets good deals on Cadence products. Im not sure about there subs but according to allot of people they make nice amps.

If interested, you can YaHoo IM him at "pennypushers" - he likes to keep him self invisible so leave him an offline message & he will contact u back. he will ignore you unless you tell him u have been sent by nick4real@sbcglobal.net - Cheers!