Hytech Header Question

SOLOTR95

OK SO I ORDERED MY HYTECH HEADER A WHILE BACK AND NOW THEY EMAILED ME TO TELL ME THEY ARE GETTING STARTED ON BUILDING THE CUSTOM HEADER....FINALLY

THEY ASKED ME IS I WANTED IT FLANGED OR NOT AND WHAT EXIT SIZE DID I WANT FOR THE HIGH FLOW CAT TO BE. IM GOING TO BE HONEST I DONT KNOW WHAT TO GO WITH. HOW DO I FIGURE OUT IF I WANT IT FLANGED OR NOT AND WHAT SIZE TO GO WITH FOR THE CAT? CAN YOU GUYS HELP ME?

MY EXHAUST
Pipe Size: 60mm
Tip Size: 89mm

I DONT KNOW IF THAT HELPS IN ANY WAY

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Most HyTech headers use slip joints instead of flanges. They flow a little better. Just match you header collector size to the the size of you high flow cat. The idea is to avoid bottle necks, you never want to reduce the size of the piping further downstream. TegSox is running a good setup and has a hytech header, i'm sure he will comment on this thread. But :thumbs up for buying quality parts

SOLOTR95

Well The Guy Making The Header Gave Me The Option To Chose Whether Or Not To Be Flanged Or Not. He Didnt Talk About It Having Slip Joints.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I'll assume you plan on doing more than just bolt-on's, so you'll probably want to go with 2.5 inch cat and hence a 2.5 exhaust too. I don't know why they would ask you if you wanted flanged....how else is a cat gonna attatch to a header? Not sure what their talking about. I bought my Hytech used so I've never had any conversation with Hytech about anything.
The upper and lower sections of the header, they come together by the lower section slipping over the top section, then held together by 2 bolts on each side.

In their exhaust system, the muffler attatches to the B pipe with the same slip style joint too, no flange.

fnb2121

if im not mistaken they want to know if you want a flange on the end of the header or not just incase you have other plans. if i was you id just get the flange and have the cat the same size as the collector (2.5in)