oxygen sensor question

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
To start off my check engine light came on the other day and after taking it to a shop I found out that its the O2 sensor that is bad. The shop told me it only has one after the converter, but if you go to a local parts place they say it has an upstreama nd downstream O2 sensor. I was just wondering if anyone knew anymore about this, because I would rather do it myself. The car is a 1993 Acura Integra GS with the 1.8L engine. Let me know. Thanks.

mirrorimg

I believe all tegs pre-96?98? are OBD1, so you should only have one sensor, located on the end of the exhaust manifold (header) just before it meets up with the catalytic converter.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
you need to find another shop. pre obdii are always before the converter.

Vtec-Pwr

OPP-O1-OH-DC2
I believe all tegs pre-96?98? are OBD1, so you should only have one sensor, located on the end of the exhaust manifold (header) just before it meets up with the catalytic converter.
exactly, pre-96 are all OBD1

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
It only has one oxygen sensor and it is before the catalytic converter.

96+ cars are the only ones with more than one o2 sensors. They have one before and after the car

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
Ok. Thanks for the help. that means the shop was right about it only having one and murrays and autozone were wrong that it had 2. So I should be alright with just getting the O2 sensor that is good for the before the convertor from autozone. thanks again for the help.

Last edited: