1990 Acura Integra LS

joex

Traded a beat EG Hatch for this car.
1990 Acura Integra LS, 5-Speed B18A1, 160,000 miles.
My friend nicknamed it "Gandalf the White." Quite the misnomer.

Engine / Drivetrain
CAI
Magnaflow Exhaust
A/C Delete
Power Steering Delete (Although I think I'm going to put it back!)

Interior
Panasonic Deck with AUX, nothing special.
Short Shifter

Exterior
Type R Fenders
Tinted Windows
Blacked-out Taillights
Rota Slips
STACKS OF WASHERS RAISING THE HOOD.. Going to move those to my upper control arms to fix some of the negative camber from the coilovers.

Suspension
Neuspeed Coils

I'm probably going to replace the stock headers, put in an awesome stereo, and just drive it. Oh, and better pictures of course! 8)

Last edited:

nh91ls

Welcome :) nice teggy, what mods ya got?

Sent from my SGH-T589 using Tapatalk

joex

Thanks everybody! Original post updated with modifications.

I need to find some markers to stuff in the holes for the type r fenders.
I also need to take a look and see if they were attached well, because there's a leak by my ECU which is causing nightmares.

And since I'm here, does anybody have any opinions on projectors for this car? I might go for those, but I might also just order some euro style one pieces off ebay, because the driver side headlight has a crack in it. Or craigslist some stockers.

joex

Hello everybody,
I've been absent because I haven't had a lot of cash to work on the car in the last few months.

I built a website.. I was bored and had a discounted domain offered to me from GoDaddy.
Nothing special, more for me to play with graphics and have a place for pictures.

I'll post a few updates to get up to speed with where the car is at.

joex

I had a hatch leak. Fixed it by reattaching the drain tubes in the rear for the sunroof, and by redoing the gaskets for my taillights.

Taillight pulled.

Using some super thick foam tape to reseal. Worked well, but if I did it again, I would use thinner tape.

I also had a very bad leak in the passenger footwell. It was destroying my ECU, the carpet, and my passengers' legs, lol. Fixed that for the most part by resealing the windshield wiper and blower motor cowl. It still leaks when you hit it directly with the garden hose, but it's not leaking in heavy rain (Washington State FTL).
No pics for that because it's an ugly mess, and other people have posted better pictures.

joex

Installed a new short shifter, PO installed some whack stuff..
Mine came from ebay, and that's fine with me.

here's a picture of the old shifter.. dear god!

and a picture of the shifter I ordered.

skip ahead to the install.. energy bushings are for winners.

Maybe I'll snag a picture of the shifter with knob later.. I need to do some exhaust work as my pipe hits the bottom of the shifter all the time, vibrating and making noise, and making it tough to shift. I think it has something to do with the scrap-heap pipe that the PO installed in place of the Cat.

I also want to pull the linkage from the transmission and tighten up the u-joint type deal at the end. There's still a lot of rolling play in it, so gears are still very loose feeling..

joex

I did a tune up and oil change to the car, but am not too pleased with how things turned out. It is using way too much gas (last trip freeway/city combined 19MPG). Also, at idle it misfires fairly often, and surging idle is common too.
Going to clean out the IACV later today. Lack of power isn't really a problem, and it starts on the second crank, so I'll check the timing eventually although it's not really suspect at this point.

I'm going to investigate fixing my vacuum situation also. Most things are just tubes plugged with screws instead of going where they're supposed to. I believe this is because the short ram intake doesn't have the same connections as the stock airbox, plus I can't find the charcoal canister.

NGK old and new.

Some stuff from Rock Auto. Would have bought NGK wires, but those were wholesale for ten bucks. w/e.

My 'teg and my friend's 3.2. Screw him, right? Lol.