anyone actually ride bicycles?

jbrown97ls

I'd love to mountain bike and do all that teeter totter and balance beam shit in the woods. Yay Kansas :thumbdown:

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
I build and restore my own bikes, ride every chance i get in Boston

Everyday beater, built by me, '85 Raleigh Wyoming Touring, 29.2lbs

Classic Weekend, $10 '79 Fuji S12-S, 29.0lbs

Girlfriends first road bike, $5 Ross Carrera

EyeKhan

¡AY, CARAMBA!
Got a Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp. It was stolen by a rich white kid in La Jolla, CA. If you guys don't know LA Jolla, it's one of the most expensive city to live in. The city is full of wealth. Homeless people get arrested once they step in the city. Anyways, my bro saw the bike on craigslist. Kid tried to sell the bike for $100 when its true value is worth more than my Integra. He contacted the kid and the police. Dickhead gets busted and released to his parents. Apparently, the kid needed money for cocaine. I'll get a pic of the bike when I done with finals.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
26" bike is pretty small isnt it?

Im looking for a fixed gear to ride to work, my frame makes my derailers shift when im trying to go fast which is annoying.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
26" is the wheel size you know that right...just like a 20" is a 20" wheel size lol

"Different Bicycle Sizes?

The Inches Refer to Rim Size

A bicycle size refers to the diameter of the tire's rim. Bicycles sizes are commonly given in inches. Newer street bikes will be referred to as 700 millimetres, however. 26-inch bicycles, for example, are not always the same size. Often this variation is due to differences between bicycle manufacturers."

Read more: How Are Bike Sizes Measured? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5081878_bike-sizes-measured.html#ixzz1vpfYp3g

Last edited:

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
if you havnt ridden a fixy, i suggest riding before you buy. if youre not experienced, itll literally kill you. especially on a downhill.

i rode one and stopping is a bitch. its not as easy as just stop peddaling. i sidnt want to get used to a new thing ao i got the mountain bike.

and for la jolla, i didnt expect it to be all crack headed and thieved out. lol! just like east lake. high class thieves over there.

im trying to look for a rear disk brake and caliper for my mongoose. it has the mounts for it. i just cant find the parts for the addition.

Posted from my Microwave using Tapatalk

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
26" is the wheel size you know that right...just like a 20" is a 20" wheel size lol

"Different Bicycle Sizes?

Bicycle frame sizes and tire sizes differ, but neither of these apply when talking about whether a bicycle is 16 inches, 24 inches, 26 inches, 27 inches or 700 millimetres. These designations can be confusing, but one wonders how a manufacturer determines what to call a push bike's rim size.

The Inches Refer to Rim Size

A bicycle size refers to the diameter of the tire's rim. Bicycles sizes are commonly given in inches. Newer street bikes will be referred to as 700 millimetres, however. 26-inch bicycles, for example, are not always the same size. Often this variation is due to differences between bicycle manufacturers."

Read more: How Are Bike Sizes Measured? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5081878_bike-sizes-measured.html#ixzz1vpfYp3g
i was assuming it was wheel size, my friends all kind of refer to the height of the bike by the frame. But that might be because their frames are like 2k ish