B18A1 Turbo??

Louie91

teggy_tornadoes
I've been looking to turbo my LS, don't know much but the basics of it. What are some good turbos/brands to get for my B18? My budget is around 800 and I've seen some good ones around 700. What turbos have you put into a b18 engine? Links to purchase some too, please.

zack11122

You aren't getting anywhere with that low of a budget. Turbos cost a couple thousand.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
700 isn't going to get you jack shit

The turbo is like 1/10 of the entire setup.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
What are you going to do with $800? You're going to blow your whole budget on the turbo and just stare at it in your room. You dont have enough money for the other parts that you need, the manifold, the intercooler and piping, blow off valve, wastegate, downpipe. What about fuel injectors, fuel pump? What about tuning?

Keep saving. You need at least 2k, Id say 3k for a GOOD kit, plus tuning.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Very true. if you go junkyard hunting, cars with factory turbos usually have proprietary flanges. Plus the turbos are going to be older and may need to be rebuilt. Just keep those in mind when looking for your donor car.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Then add tuning to that and the budget goes out the window.....

The only thing worth snagging from a JY are DSM injectors and random intercoolers which are always a PITA to mount and run piping to, especially when it's coming from a turbo off a another vehicle.

You really have to know what to look for and be very resourceful to make a good reliable JY setup.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
You can get a little internally wastegated t3 with manifold and flange, intercooler, and some connectors and piping for around 100 bucks. Good bpv, another 100, cheap b18 manifold ~100, cost to cut flanges and reweld ~50, cost to rebuild turbo ~100-200, cost of tuning ~200.

It can be done for under 800, reliably. You just have to know what you're doing, and realize there won't be much, if any potential for upgrading. But you can get an easy 220 for cheap. :D