integra turbo 18g problem

pamitar101

how much psi is on the stock wastegate ? 7 or 8 psi my car has an 18g greddy on it and im boosting at 12 to 14 psi on the stock wastegate with no boost controller somethings wrong ? im also getting what feels like boost cut at about 4500 rpms at WOT but if i only push the pedal half way and keep boost under 10 psi i can rev through to redline fine any ideas ?? and yes im running a 3 bar map sensor and my ecu is chipped for it i was thinking a bad wastegate actuator......i couldent find any boost leaks either

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
I had a WG go bad on my 18g, your tune probably has boost cut at a certain psi. Have you talked to whoever tuned it?

pamitar101

just recently bought it from a guy who also just bought it and he knew nothing about it so im kinda in the dark i looked it over and identified some of the stuff it has on it on my own i did install a chip from Xenocron when i installed the 3 bar map sensor

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
So you're running one of those generic cookie cutter maps, it probably has boost cut at a certain psi unless you specified otherwise. You need to get that thing on a dyno and get a real tune. If the WG is bad it could spike (mine hit 22psi on the dyno) which is what it seems like wants to do.

In all honestly I would just junk that POS and piece together a better kit and get it tuned.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
You have your spark plugs gapped at a quarter of an inch?

Xenocron doesnt send out basemaps without a boost cut.
Youre either hitting a boost cut or leaning out.
You need to get this thing tuned.