DIY: Icebox how-to

speedin

The Transporter
little257622 said:
Will this work with a generation 2 ?
Yes but the pipe routhing will need to be changed to somewhere else (i beleve the g2 is sut-up differently). But should still be reletively easy.

R1DC2

Got Integra?
Speedin, do you think the Version 2 is harder to install compared to Bret's 1st one. Because I noticed its a hassle to buy the parts, and there are more things that need to be tampered because of it being a tight fit. I have a SRI right now, will i expect any gains on my LS with this Ice-Box??? Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
speedin said:
Yes but the pipe routhing will need to be changed to somewhere else (i beleve the g2 is sut-up differently). But should still be reletively easy.
whats "sut" lol, And I'll be trying this some time on my DA. If no write up is done, i could probably do one.

speedin

The Transporter
R1DC2 said:
Speedin, do you think the Version 2 is harder to install compared to Bret's 1st one. Because I noticed its a hassle to buy the parts, and there are more things that need to be tampered because of it being a tight fit. I have a SRI right now, will i expect any gains on my LS with this Ice-Box??? Any answers would be greatly appreciated.
in the low-end you will see gains but the top end might lose a little (just like a CAI). As with anything getting bigger in the same space, things will get tighter and more work is needed.
Kuchtaboy said:
whats "sut" lol, And I'll be trying this some time on my DA. If no write up is done, i could probably do one.
sut = set. and yea do a DA one!

R1DC2

Got Integra?
speedin said:
in the low-end you will see gains but the top end might lose a little (just like a CAI). As with anything getting bigger in the same space, things will get tighter and more work is needed!
So should I go for it,The version 1?!?!? Do you think I will be happy with it because its more of a sleeper, more quiet, and better gains, am I right? It should also be an aid with my twinloop exhaust, so all together it should be unique... what your opinions

spikehairboy

Non-Registered User
lol dont you want to look stock with version 2? so u can pop your hood and say all stock but running low 14 lol

speedin

The Transporter
R1DC2 said:
So should I go for it,The version 1?!?!? Do you think I will be happy with it because its more of a sleeper, more quiet, and better gains, am I right? It should also be an aid with my twinloop exhaust, so all together it should be unique... what your opinions
Its up to you on the version. Really you can just get it all at home depot (i did). But yea its better, definately a sleeper. and you should feel it more down low. Looks REAL clean too
SilverDB8 said:
btw.... so mugen out preforms the comptech icebox?
JUST! lol

R1DC2

Got Integra?
speedin said:
Well I WAS running the 3in pipe version (like listed in the DIY). tegs been gone for awhile now
Haha thanks!!!

I knew that!!! :lol:
Sry for giving u memories of ur teg... :cry: