DIY: Icebox how-to

Skunkedb18c1

I like this idea I did it but I removed the passenger side high beam light instead and it actully made a pretty good differance in temp. Looks very nice man!

hen92

Does anyone know what i can use besides a 2 7/8 speaker port? I am having a hard time finding it and i rather not buy it and wait for it to ship....

maltedbarley

I know this is old, but I thought that I would share some things.

First off, to fix the gap in between the tube and the airbox, I used the ring from the stock paper filter that seals the box off. I cut it on both sides, slid it over the intake tube (which was already in place, and used pure silicone to form a seal.

Also, instead of PVC (I couldn't find any thin wall without special ordering it) I found some flexible tubing that is meant to be attached to the filter itself. It works rather well because the rubber boots on the end glue into the airbox nicely, and can be formed into a shape like the speaker port. This is it: http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Air-Intake-Kit-Flexible-Duct-Spectre_22906020-P_N4023B_P|GRP2026____

One last note, to get my K&N filter to fit perfectly into the box without jamming it in, I had to take about 1" off of each end of the intake tube.

KylePlacke

Does anyone know what i can use besides a 2 7/8 speaker port? I am having a hard time finding it and i rather not buy it and wait for it to ship....
i bought a foot of 1/8' diameter pipe. i cut it and used a torch and a 2 liter bottle of cold water to flair out the end of it. Just heat it up and push it down onto the 2 liter. worked great for me.

8-bit

do what now?
I found this 97 ls with a stock intake box will it fit my 94 gsr? Also is their anything that I need to know in doing this DIY?

maltedbarley

I believe when I was doing this that I read somewhere on team integra that said that the ebay sri tube does not fit properly in a gsr. I'm not exactly sure, you may want to look into it.

Last edited:

DCTegLS

Wow! This is AWESOME I was going to waste 2-300 on a cold air but this is amazing.
Getting ready to attempt this next weekend with the 4 inch pipe, removed my stock resonator today so there is alot more room.
One question though, will the 4 inch pipe clear the a/c lines?

DCTegLS

I did this today and WOW what a difference over stock. I removed the stock resonator yesterday to prep for install today. The easiest way to do this is to get 4 inch aluminum duct pipe that stretches from home depot and some silicone to seal it around the hose going into the bottom of the box, and zip ties to hold it in place. I routed mine sideways right behind the fog light blocks to get the cold air coming from the grill area. When you start it up and have somebody rev for you, you can really feel the air being sucked into the pipe. Right way i noticed a huge gain in acceleration and noticable gains across the boar. The only thing is Iit's SUPER quiet, you can't even hear it sucking in between 3-5k. Real sleeper intake I love it, and plan on keeping it as long as possible.

pinkley

b@115D33p
I'm planing on doing this but just curious what everyone prefers, the 3" or the 4" set up? Read both DIY's from here and TI. Debating on which one to do now.