Fading spots.

maq

My 93 teg is black. The room is very faded and almost white in some spots. My hatch-back also has some fading. Can i do a touch up with spray paint? I'm not going for worlds best paint job, but i also want it to look half way decent.

GroceryGettinDB7

GHK ALL DAY!!
Well by "white spots" i guess you mean where oxidation has got to your clear coat? My friends dad used to be a used car dealer, he said use a razor and scrape the clear off, carefully so you don't scratch the paint underneath so all the white is gone then tape it off and spray some clear coat over it. I haven't tried it and im not telling you to but if you want an idea of what to do give it a try, he said it works but im just going to have my car re-sprayed in the spring.

GroceryGettinDB7

GHK ALL DAY!!
lol me too if i wanted to fix it i would have to clear the whole car, first it was just the roof but my trunk and hood are gettin bad:lol:

maq

yea its oxidized really bad. I'll try to wet sanding, or i guess the razor blade.

Do they make clear coating in a can?

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
Well by "white spots" i guess you mean where oxidation has got to your clear coat? My friends dad used to be a used car dealer, he said use a razor and scrape the clear off, carefully so you don't scratch the paint underneath so all the white is gone then tape it off and spray some clear coat over it. I haven't tried it and im not telling you to but if you want an idea of what to do give it a try, he said it works but im just going to have my car re-sprayed in the spring.
i would try this,it cant make it look any worse, prob wouldnt last very long.get a can of clear at az.