squeal when engaging clutch

92GSRneedswork

im not sure why or how, but when releasing the clutch it seems to squeal for a second, there doesnt seem to be a loss in power, it did seem that when i relase the clutch very very slowly it doesnt make the sound, and on a side note it appears to be getting worse. anyways i tried searching the forum and found nothing that really helps, so any feedback would be great

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Pilot bearing, or imput shaft bearing. or the throw out bearing. I forget which one does that but i know what you are talking about

Dylan, I've actually heard people refer to the same part by all those names...lol
Acura lists it as the "Release Bearing". You are correct though, it is what is causing his squeal.

OP, the GSR probably has a different Release Bearing than other G2 Integras as the input shaft is different than the others.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Dylan, I've actually heard people refer to the same part by all those names...lol
Acura lists it as the "Release Bearing". You are correct though, it is what is causing his squeal.

OP, the GSR probably has a different Release Bearing than other G2 Integras as the input shaft is different than the others.
theyre all really the same thing????

92GSRneedswork

is the release bearing itself an expensive part? i can do the labor myself, assuming that it would be very expensive to pay someone to do it.