water spots on fresh paint 3 days old

dc97

My car had just finished being painted a few days ago, i was parked in this parking lot and the sprinkler went off on the car and this was during the night, now i noticed on my hood i have dry water spots that are just there... my paint is supposed to be resistant to acid rain... so im assuming it can stand any other form of water as well... wtf do i do... my paint is acrylic enamel btw, is this my fault or the shops fault? I have a 5 year warranty on fading peeling & cracking..

Ganyon

Did you try washing the car and drying it. Only time I have problems with water spots is when the car gets wet and I don't dry it.

dc97

Nvm its all over the car, its hardly noticeable unless you point a flash light at it during the night but only 1 side got sprinkled so.... idk?

dc97

Havent washed it either, cant for 3 weeks from what the shop told me

dc97

The thing is , is that the paint isnt fully dry yet so if i do wash it now with soap and what not, it will create a chemical reaction or something... ill tell them about the spots but just kinda have to do what they say so i dont void my warranty i guess

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
Definitely wait out the time they tell you before trying to wash it. Water spots can be removed later on. Ruining a fresh paint job in the process, FTL.