car over heating when idleing then goes down once driving ?

mogoes49

some one please help me. i was at the light and i noticed my car was all the way in red hot zone. light at the intersection turned green i started to accelerate and as i push the peddle the needle in the gauge went to normal middle of hot and cold once i brake or stop it goes right back to hot then when i start driving it goes back to normal iv never seen this before can guys please help me out with this oh i also just put in a new radiator two months ago and when this was happening the coolant was all the way fool later that day once the car cooled off when i got of work i checked the radiator it was a little low about 3 bottles of water worth. i filled it back up car was normal no over heating drove it home with no issue next day started doing it again ? any ideas what this could be also the radiator was not leaking either from what we could see thanks

R13

The other asshole
Sounds like air in the system, you need to make sure it's fully bled.

There is a bleeding procedure, just google something like "bleeding integra cooling system" and you'll find it.

mogoes49

When your car is stationary does your cooling fan kick on?
yeah the fan stays on never goes off but when its idles it starts to over heat then when i push the peddle for acceleration it goes down from hot to normal let off the gas goes back up again

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
Make sure to get a OEM thermo and gasket from the dealer and bleed the air pockets from the cooling system after install

Derhawk

Mine has been doing the same thing, however I get a hissing now every once in a while. Would I check my thermo first or just repair the head gasket?

A little info, I just got a 90 teg, that had been sitting for about 5 years. Flushed the radiator, changed fuel filter, replaced plugs, still have to change the belts.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as this is my first terga.

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
Mine has been doing the same thing, however I get a hissing now every once in a while. Would I check my thermo first or just repair the head gasket?

A little info, I just got a 90 teg, that had been sitting for about 5 years. Flushed the radiator, changed fuel filter, replaced plugs, still have to change the belts.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as this is my first terga.
Make sure your radiator cap is holding pressure
Bleed the air out of the system
Make sure your fans are turning on
No coolant leaks
Make sure your thermo is opening and functioning

Other than those i think water pump and headgasket would be the last 2

And basically do 3,000-90,000mile maintenance

GL