no oil coming out of 3rd cap port.

hypnotiq

b18c1 no oil pumping through head. found the black box on the back of the block leaking oil. not a lot.

so lost!!!!

hypnotiq

so cap 3 port is for vtec. hears my issue.....cams are not getting oil. super loud ticking and after so long starts to squeal. cam still looks fine.
what the hell am i missing. oil light is on. oil in filter. no oil in black box.
i am not running an oil cooler.
k&n oil filter.

hypnotiq

the engine block is a 95. would no oil jets for the pistons cause this issue? cause im not sure if i even have them on that block. i guess ill pull the pan and find out

Nick_C78

You mean the oil squirts? If the squirts are not installed, but the holes are open that will drastically drop oil pressure

Muckman

Not a M0derator
lol you just left them open? dude you have to plug them or use the squirters. wow lets hope you used lots of assembly lube...

hypnotiq

Got the block off ebay. Didnt know it needed anything. Didnt even notice the holes. And I did use assembly lube.

hypnotiq

Oh, and The head wasn't bone dry. Used assembly lube and pour oil over everything.
Fyi, this is my 1st vtec engine so there are a few things different. Im not an idiot, just didn't know that oil squirters like that existed. My old jdm b20a didn't have them. My b18a1 didn't have them. My old b21a1 didn't have them nor did my b20a5....

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Good then the assembly lube did its job. Assuming that you didn't let the engine run for more than a few seconds.

hypnotiq

nope. checked the cam and the cam caps. no damage. did get a little hot(of course). crank is fine since it was drenched in oil when i dropped the pan. will post an update as soon as the jets are in. that will really tell me if there is any damage done.

thanks guys

R13

The other asshole
Make sure those oil squirters are in there good when they get put in, ask Nick what happens if they come loose.

OneFastGSR

Just put red locktite on them to be sure, I plugged my oil squirters, made sure to use red locktite on the plugs

hypnotiq

I'm not plugging the ports. I have cast pistons. This engine is going to be my dd engine. I will still use locktite on the threads for the squirters.