tail lights stay on all the time!!!!

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
dude, look above your brake pedal. there will be somethi8ng a appears to be a button, almost like a push pin. if it has started to fall apart, replace that and they will go right off.......that thing acts as a sensor to tell your light to shut off. i have had that problem many times

Ok dude incase you don't know what your trying to describe, it's called a brake light switch. Maybe some engineer has a more technical term for it but the hundred times I ordered them for customers, it's been called a brake light switch.

ChevyBuff

Don't let the screen name scare ya....lol.

Good thing about the car world is there is always something someone knows about each car. I have a 96 Teg and just came across this problem. And thank god for a search button. 8)

jmile42

Thanks people i just had the same problem for the last 2 days and could not figure it out but the penny thing works!!!!!!!!

newtype

Didn't want to start a new thread, but can someone tell me EXACTLY where I'm looking to fix this? If possible, a picture would be extremely helpful as well.

Thanks-

IntegraChick88

I know its an old post but TY!!! Read this at work and fixed it on my smoke break, now I do not have to take my batt out when Im done driving!

jtkc

old thread i know, but i thought better than to start a new thread.

So if i read correctly, the little rubber stopper on the brake pedal that the brake switch makes contact with, corrects the problem of the tail and side marker lights from staying on even after the key is removed from the ignition?

i looked at mine and the rubber stopper pad is not present. luckily a friend has a pedal assembly with good condition rubber stopper and brake light switch.

if the brake lights do not turn on, i assume first to replace the brake pedal switch, and if that doesnt correct problem remove the ICM and if that corrects tail light problem its the icm that is bad?