stock tubing with aem filter?

cjevans318

So noob question, I've seen it done before but idk if you have to customize. How would I get an aftermarket air filter to fit my oem factory air intake tubing? I like the simple look, and otherwise I'll spend 200 for a whale penis? Thoughs? Thanks in advance. Ps 99'ls b18b1

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Best gains are from the whale because it combined maximum air flow and at the same time velocity.

Stock tubing is restrictive and the new filter will not fit the oem air box unless it's a drop in filter.

Gains are meh and using a bigger filter will give you more sound.

Get an ebay sri or cai IMO.

Use a quality air filter like k&n.

Buy a part for your car, avoid that universal crap that doesn't fit well.

Also, you can easily turn a sri into a oem style air filter by creating a larger box out of sheet metal or fiberglass/carbon fiber.

dlo253

Yeah the whale penis is far from the best option, yeah I suppose it looks kinda cool tho..
Also, better responses may come if you post in the correct section in the future.
I would also avoid the ebay CAI/SRI. Most of them are poorly designed and are not a perfect fit. It will end up either rubbing on something to the point it gets a hole in it, or the mounting provisions or vacuum line barbs will be located wrong or poorly. Some even have too many or not enough spots for vac line.... Look into the DIY ice box method if you like the simple look.

2kdb7

Yeah the whale penis is far from the best option, yeah I suppose it looks kinda cool tho..
Also, better responses may come if you post in the correct section in the future.
I would also avoid the ebay CAI/SRI. Most of them are poorly designed and are not a perfect fit. It will end up either rubbing on something to the point it gets a hole in it, or the mounting provisions or vacuum line barbs will be located wrong or poorly. Some even have too many or not enough spots for vac line.... Look into the DIY ice box method if you like the simple look.
x2 I'm pretty sure I've seen write up on the DIY ice box out performing most other intakes unless you drop serious money. If you want a good name brand look into aem v2 I've heard thats one of the better ones to spend the money on. Short Ram Intakes imo suck because you're just pulling in hot air from the engine.

cjevans318

Hmmm, I see, and sorry this is my first time ever posting so I'm not sure what sections to post certain threads. I would get a cai but it floods a lot in my area and I'm terrified to chance it. So is it worth the $200 for the k&n sri with the heat shield? I'm going for looks, sound, and whatever performance Best I can get. Just don't want to spend more that $250

2kdb7

Hmmm, I see, and sorry this is my first time ever posting so I'm not sure what sections to post certain threads. I would get a cai but it floods a lot in my area and I'm terrified to chance it. So is it worth the $200 for the k&n sri with the heat shield? I'm going for looks, sound, and whatever performance Best I can get. Just don't want to spend more that $250
Google diy ice box for integra that's your best bet