1997 Integra Sedan /w stock LS : VISTA , CA

Just picked up a 97' integra with an LS engine bone stock. Supposedly it's not starting. Got it for $950 as is. Looks really clean to start with. Clean title 101k miles. New spark plugs wires cap and rotor distributor timing belt and water pump. I'm about to buy a new battery and test alternator to see if that is causing it not to start. If that fails I'm going to guess there's low compression and it needs a head job at the least. I will be researching a lot over this week. I'm new to integras , more familiar with D series stock EG was my last project. I'll post pictures tomorrow when it's day light. I will also come up with my plan of action and get ready because there will be lots of pictures, and lots of money put into this. My new baby. What's cracking CI. Stay tuned

Ok I started the car up and drove it about half a mile and its smoking really bad , I was stoked to at least see it alive and know it drives good and trans and clutch worked well. I'm towing it to my friends shop and we're gonna start taking the head off.

Alignment oil change oil new oil pan and gasket ... Gonna drive this sucker all weekend and look into paint and wheels , intake and exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

94RS

No fucks given.
look into paint and wheels , intake and exhaust.

Since nobody else has showed up in here yet... Nice pickup. :lol:

What's wrong with the paint and wheels? Adriatic Blue is hard to come, and the wheels just look like they need a good cleaning.

The engine bay could use a good Simple Green/Purple Power wipe down, and the valve cover could use a powder coating. The headlights could use a restore also, but that requires pulling the bumper off.

Stupid little things, but it's a clean car overall that looks to be lowered already (I'd double check to see what it's on to make sure it's not eBay trash). A front lip would bring it all together :thumbs up

Last edited:

Ryan659

Nice pick up man for cheap too :thumbs up

I'd do what 94RS mentioned as those little fine details bring out a lot more than you'd think. Also, the paint looks fine from the pictures (maybe do a cut and polish to restore it) but I'd get new rims. Also, like 94RS said, make sure your suspension isn't garbage and look into replacing old worn out bushings as that also makes a big difference in how the car feels. Maintenance > Mods when buying a used car

If you want a short ram intake, I have one I can sell you. Still in perfect condition and will come with the Carb EO sticker if you need it.

And :welcome:

Last edited:
Yeah it's repainted really nasty on passenger doors, paint chipping around back tail lights, some pin point dents around both back body panels and some rash around side skirt and bumpers. It looks hella clean from the angles I took it from , I'm just a perfectionist and at the price I can afford to repaint the whole thing. As for the wheels, the alloy had been getting eaten away, the lowering springs on them are definitely trash. And I'm rubbing really bad. I think my first plan of action is to figure out what suspension I want to go with, and either recondition my rims and get new tires, or just sell the wheels and pick up some new ones on 90 day credit. Also want to get I/E/H manifold and injectors/tune. Paint is honestly the last thing I want to do is rather performance first but.. Idk. As far as engine bay, I've barely did my first wash last night at the car wash so Sunday is gonna be my day off I can work on my car all day. I'm trying to look at their peoples builds and collect as much info as I can. Thx for the reply and any comments suggestions welcomed

94RS

No fucks given.
Nice pick up man for cheap too :thumbs up

I'd do what 94RS mentioned as those little fine details bring out a lot more than you'd think. Also, the paint looks fine from the pictures (maybe do a cut and polish to restore it) but I'd get new rims. Also, like 94RS said, make sure your suspension isn't garbage and look into replacing old worn out bushings as that also makes a big difference in how the car feels. Maintenance > Mods when buying a used car

If you want a short ram intake, I have one I can sell you. Still in perfect condition and will come with the Carb EO sticker if you need it.

And :welcome:
Not everyone can get Regas.. :lol:

Ryan659

I also can sell you my tein coilovers if you're on a budget. I need to get rid of them so I can upgrade for what I use my car for.

Not many active builds on here are public and are in the VIP section so stick around and don't be a dick if you want to see some of ours :lol:

Oh, and don't waste your money on injectors and a tune for a LS. Just get the IHE and run without a tune

Last edited: