Teg slow as shit! HELP!!

$MoMoney$

My teg is slow as shit, sohc are handin it to me BAD!! Its a turd!! What are all the little thing i can do that could maybe help my prob.

mirrorimg

Engine swap, turbo, nitrous. Those are your biggest hp boosters ;) Other wise, upgrading the internals of your engine, adding new intake, header, and exhaust all benefit your car.

$MoMoney$

im not talkin about mods im talkin about shit that will make it run better cause its a turd, im thinkin like maybe i got clogged cat or dirty feul filter, but what all else can i check or replace that might help?

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Did you try a compression test? Not having any compression can make your car slow as shit.

revn99teg

a dirty fuel filter will not affect your performance that greatly if not at all. a clogged cat an cause you to lose some power, expecially when you hit vtec and all you can feel is a sorta vacuum leak coz your exhuasts are backed up.
don't go straight into bolt-ons, you're right about checking your block first,
Engine swap, turbo, nitrous.
these should be the last things on your mind.
get a compression test like one of the members already said, or better yet, get a leak down test to see whats going on with your entire engine from head to block, vacuum etc. after that look into mantainance things like timing belt (timing, and might as well do the water pump), valve clrearances, piston rings, gaskets, sp's, cat, fuel filter and pump, cleaning your tb, air filter, and all that jazz...all these can greatly improve your performance and they're healthy for your eninge. you can probably do all these without breaking five bills. GL

wite2nr

there is something wrong with your motor if you are getting beat by *stock* (ish) single cams. do all the maintenance, check timing, valves adjusted, etc then had it to em!

$MoMoney$

Yea i raced my friends sohc civic coupe engine is totally stock n he's got a 2 12in subs in a big heavy box in his trunk n i have my trunk gutted, n he wasn't pushin it to the max n i was givin my car all it had n he pulled out behind me n went around me no sweet n pulled on me.