WHEEL PAINT?? good or bad???

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
do you guys know of any kits to paint my stock wheels?? if you do do these work, and how well???/ will it it just look tacky?????

Sammich

its all in preparation...and refrain from walmart/dollar store paints as they will not last as long. prep it correctly...IMO

1. clean wheels
2(optional). if the wheels have paint, buy some aircraft stripper and spray them on the wheels and rinse them off to remove all the paint
3. sand the wheel down(1000grit and/or 1500grit)
- make sure the wheel is absolutely dry before spraying it with ANYTHING
4. spray the wheel with a paint adhesive
5. prime the wheel
6. paint the wheel

PS. when painting, spray light/multiple coats to avoid runs

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
I'd prefer powder coat over painting! But painting your wheels could come out really good if you take your time and do it right!

maluskeeter

sounds like a cost-effective plan compared to buy new rims...anyone have pics?

Sammich

i can show you pics of me doing my wheels...but with bad reprucussions...i mean it looks ok..but up close you can see where i messed up

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
im really just looking for a cost effective way to turn my permanently staind rims(previous owner didnt know what a wash and wax was, it was a chick i might add) into some trick looking customs. any reccomendation on the type of paint??? i mean any special stores?? or does lowes work?? how much is powdercoat???

maluskeeter

i can show you pics of me doing my wheels...but with bad reprucussions...i mean it looks ok..but up close you can see where i messed up
you should post your pics..

im pretty sure stores would have somethin...they have duplicolor caliper paint for calipers which I used and worked out great...

Sammich

pics of the starion wheels are what i did to mine. i plan on redoing them soon, including using the aircraft stripper and using the chrome paint on the lip