Tips on Lowering

'92B16

'92 Teg
I recently bought a 1992 Integra. The only problem is it has bone stock suspension and is sitting on blackies. My question is, if i buy a set of lowering springs, do i have to do anything other that just put them on? I figure an alignment will be necessary, but is there anything else i need to adjust?

wite2nr

you should get new shocks with the lowering springs, possibly a camber kit to correct the camber if an alignment cant fix all the camber. other than that, not really.

'92B16

'92 Teg
Now i was just reading a post and cutting my springs came to mind. I understand it wont stiffen my suspension, just lower my center of gravity and give me a better look. If i go in that direction, what else would i have to do?

xusake

Will the question is GOT RICE?. Don't cut your spring that just ghetto. just save your money and go get yourself a set of 4 with lowering spring. But if you go into cutting your spring direction you will have to buy new shocks and spring later. But just get a front camber kit and get some washer for your rear cambers. that should help your ghetto springs. But make sure you dont do what i did buy some wrong lowering spring and putting it on the stock shock haha i lower more car more then 2" i was kinda mad when i saw that.

Last edited:

'92B16

'92 Teg
So, can anyone make me a little list or give me some prices, i wanna drop it about 2 inches front and back, whats the cheapest way to go about it?

DarkDB1

Cheapest way to get do it somewhat right...

Look around on G2IC for used suspension set ups...

Springs/Coilovers (Skunk2, Tein, H&R, Eibach, Function Form, D2, Neuspeed, K-sport, Ground control, Tokico, Tanabe)... ONLY those brands, It shouldn't cost less then $120 for a good set of "NEW" springs.

Shocks/struts (Skunk2, Koni, Tokico etc...) pretty much any struts work as long as their not KYB GR2s. GR2s are OEM replacements... They can be anywhere from $300 to $500

Camber kit... Not immediatly needed but it'll save your tires.

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
first of all the SEARCH function works wonders. And it all depends on what you want. Skunk2 springs and shocks are supper stiff and a pretty good price on JDM-In-Stock on ebay.