Our Website Family: TunerSports.com ClubCivic.com ClubIntegra.com
Attention Acura Integra Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or r

Welcome to ClubIntegra.com.

A forum dedicated to the Acura Integra, including all generations. In order to post on this forum you will have to register.

Registration is free and will entitle you to other site features including access to post your Acura Integra in the member's garage, join in raffles for performance parts, etc.

To start viewing messages by generation, select the Acura Integra forum that you want to visit from the list below. Or view all Acura Integra forums.

Go Back   ClubIntegra.com - Acura Integra Forum > Integra Generations Tech > 3rd Generation Acura Integra (1994-2001)

3rd Generation Acura Integra (1994-2001) 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 Acura Integra

Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->

Gsr basic Tein coilover help

3rd Generation Acura Integra (1994-2001)

Old 08-09-2010, 02:02 AM   #1
nchand

Exclamation Gsr basic Tein coilover help

Any that can help thanks.
I have a 95 integra gsr lowered on tein basic coilivers. The ride is really bumpy when i go over bumps I tried adjusting them but it's not as simple. I was told to losen the top of the springs to adjust it from stiff to lose but I don't know what to adjust exactly. They can adjust by going up or down using a tool it comes with but would that fix the bumpy ride problem? Anyone That can help would be great thanks.
nchand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:40 AM   #2
michaelz

the problem with tein basic coilovers is that you cannot adjust the shock rate, only the spring compression.

if it's too bumpy then all you can really do is move the spring perch down the shaft using the tein C spanner. this will make it softer. you can adjust the perch down as low as possible but always ensure the spring is not moving freely and touching both ends.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

michaelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:13 PM   #3
nchand

but if i move the springs down wouldnt it lower the car more?
nchand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:19 PM   #4
Samurai_Blue
Yolo Whippin'

Send a message via AIM to Samurai_Blue Send a message via MSN to Samurai_Blue

yes you can

TEIN is over rated unless you go to the FLEX their basic damper is overshadowed by Sunk2 Pro S Ver II coilovers for the same price you get height and damper control, and i feel tein is a tad soft until you get to the flex damper

|
|
|
|
| Instagram: @DylonFujiFilm
Samurai_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:45 PM   #5
michaelz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchand View Post
but if i move the springs down wouldnt it lower the car more?
yes it would. how much lower it goes depends on how compressed the spring is currently.

a friend of mine had tein basics in his Z and i installed them for him and set them up. IIRC there is no shock adjustment at the top of the strut tower but if the teg version has it, just turn it anti clockwise for the softest setting.

if it doesn't have it, all you can do is lower the spring perch and return the spring to its natural length for the softest ride.

&

michaelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:57 PM   #6
dc2GS-R
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to dc2GS-R

The Tein Basic damper does not have adjustable rebound or compression damping. The only thing adjustable with the Basic coilover is, ride height...which unfortunately reduces strut compression travel when lowering.
dc2GS-R is offline   Reply With Quote