new 94 4 door ls (b18b1)

zo00oted247

Back in business
whats up yall just bought a 4 door ls, title says its se, but it looks like gsr. I say this because it got fat 5's and also wood trim around the shifter. the motor is b18b1 and NOW it runs good.

when i bought this car it didnt drive because the clutch was busted..

so i replaced it

now I know that I dont have a third gear lol, everytime I put it in third it holds it in place but it grinds, i think it might be a synchronizer but i dont have the tools to take the bell housing apart to check,

while doing a tune up i saw the valve cover gasket was messed up so i went ahead and replacedd it while I was at it I painted the cover

the rear brakes where worn so I replaced those too.

if any of you have problems with your brakes after replacing them, it might be the bracket. there are pieces where the caliper bolts into, those pieces have to move back and forth in order for it to work right. Just some general info , throwing it out there because this happened to me.

on the road again!

bought a new bumper and fender but im not ready to put them on yet. as soon as i do i will update with pictures.

Some times when i drive the check engine light comes on , the abs light is on, and some times the car idles at 1500 rpms and other times it idles at 500 rpms, im leaning towards its an ecu issue but I can use some advice if any one ever ran into this problem before, this is my first project car so im always lookin for something to do with it, but one step at a time... right now I need to get mechanically situated so any help will be appreciated.

thanks for lookin

Last edited:

zo00oted247

Back in business

There she is, bumper and fender look rough

spoiler is falling apart

missing a mirror. still got some things to do. Right now im having trouble finding stabilizer links (sway bar links) for the front end of my car. when I took off the wheels they where completely broken, so I removed them.

I am currently driving with out them. If any one knows where I can pick up a set that fits my car for a good price please let me know. Im trying to take care of this asap because this is my DD. Auto Zone says they have it but its the wrong one.. its a straight bolt! I found it at napa for 32$ ea. worst case scenario I'm gonna pick em up from there...

Any way the car didn't have any speakers, so I got the rear ones from the junk yard

currently no speakers in the front. here we go

Thats it for now

ok, I replaced the alternator and the battery light is still on. I tested it and its coming up 13.5 which should be ok but for the light to go away it has to be at 14? I bought the alternator at the junk yard, so im not sure whether its off of a civic or integra.

check engine light still comes on once in a while, idk what that is all about. I want to know what my engine is doing but Ive never pulled codes off of a obd1, so if anyone can give me a tip or hint that would be much appreciated.

I cleaned the front 2 abs sensors and light is still on, I'm going to try to clean the 2 on the rear and I'll let you guys know if it did the trick,

currently looking for a new trunk, as you can see with the spoiler gone its pretty rusty and lets water in, a side view mirror, clear corners, possibly some original headlights w/o halo, and most importantly sway bar links. if any one can provide some information I would really appreciate it.

thanks for lookin

Last edited:

Jay1990RS

Don Megatron
I would say straight up upgrade your battery, thats what i did after I replaced my alternator and it worked. But I am also rollin in a DA

zo00oted247

Back in business
I would say straight up upgrade your battery, thats what i did after I replaced my alternator and it worked. But I am also rollin in a DA
big ups on the reply but I got a brand new 7 year battery in there right after I replaced the alternator..

zo00oted247

Back in business
well its been a long day, and I had some time to do some repairs ..

Finally have a horn lol I might write up a diy for missing horn buttons.

now I got full sound and it sounds pretty good! I have the factory stereo and also factory cd player..radio works, but cd player doesnt read the disc .,.. idk why , so my question is, does this car come with a factory cd changer? or what can be happening that the cd player isnt working?

mirrorimg

The alternator should read 14.4 volts when the car is running. Theres a chance that you purchased an alternator with a bad voltage regulator. The socket is part of the voltage regulator for the alternator, and it costs a ridiculous amount of money on its own if you buy it new.

zo00oted247

Back in business
word I'm going to buy a new alternator this week and see whats up., big ups, and as for the strip... I was bored after I primed the hood and decided to try something new, in the end I kinda liked it so I left it. Its temp untill I get rid of all the rust then the car gettin sprayed all around