Starter

konair666

Hows it going everyone. I bought a 98 acura integra about 6 months ago.. Having a issue with the starter when iu turn it over it just clicks.i would instantly think about bad starter but the issue is sometimes i open the hood and wiggle the cables and i starts up fine. is it just luck its working. ive worked on two other cars in the last 3 months and same issues. and we put new starters in them and problem was still there. the car will work for a week and two days it will have issue then its gone again. any ideas

mirrorimg

The power cable to it is probably corroded or not tightened down.

The cable goes directly from the fuse box next to the battery to the Started. Check to make sure its tight and not corroded.

Also, make sure your negative and positive terminals on the battery are clean and tight.

konair666

re

i tried to clean it all. when i did it started up first thinng i walked inside and waited 5 min. went back out and it wouldnt start again. im thinking it just is the starter i didnt want to sherll out 200 bucks if it wasnt it but it seems to be starting less and less. idk. anyone know the cheapest place to buy one

excalibur23

ignition system mayb? Im now having that prob, I havent had a chance to diagnois it. I know my battery is new the starter & alt are apparently recent. So im thinkn its ignition system. Im teg is 15yrs old