turbo for newbs easy to understand turbo build up guide for tegs

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Not bad at all. Except you should flare or bead roll the ends of the intercooler piping. It will blow off under boost if you don't.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
I rememeber seeing this a long time ago. Good write up!

K. Legaspi

You Buggin' Out
i actually wanted to buy a kit and now this makes me want to build my own kit.... nice write up

newspeed

Kev_98IntegraLS said:
i actually wanted to buy a kit and now this makes me want to build my own kit.... nice write up
agreed! with research, hardwork, and a little hands on anyone can piece together a pretty damn nice turbo. kits are nice but many people over look the possibilities of a home made turbo!

steelies_ftw

well this is cool, i was trying to decide on either all motor on boost for this LS longblock i picked up for 50 bucks... and yea i have all the LS/vtec stuff and i think after watchin some boosted teg videos today i finally made up my mind and this seems like a reputable write up... just one question though , how much should someone look at to get a boost setup tuned, and should i just got grab a hondata with boost on it or are there other ways?

strykergsr

that site is bad for one reason- i see nothing about fuel management and tuning. he just slaps a FMU on there. go to homemadeturbos.com if you wanna learn about this stuff. that write up was pretty bad. my favorite part was "The oil needs turbo to lubricate its bearings!" haha guess he typed it up real quick

steelies_ftw

strykergsr said:
that site is bad for one reason- i see nothing about fuel management and tuning. he just slaps a FMU on there. go to homemadeturbos.com if you wanna learn about this stuff. that write up was pretty bad. my favorite part was "The oil needs turbo to lubricate its bearings!" haha guess he typed it up real quick
thx :lol:

speedin

The Transporter
strykergsr said:
Yea. This isnt that great of a write-up. No mention of fuel management or tuning FMU=Not enough management. When going from no turbo to turbo thier is a bit more involved. But the basic mechanical aspects do get covered. But if you do a kit like this, well...... Youll get what you payed for.