Super Sexy Slammed: Helpful Hints/Tips

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
hello all!! being here for quite some time and with Matt and I starting the SSS crew, I figured it'd be nice to have some info on being slammed since ive been seeing lots of q's about being slammed, what to worry about, what to do about rubbing, and so on.. anywho, lets start off with some DIY's.

this thread is not a thread to show off your ride height. this must be filled with info and pictures as examples only!

I'd like to welcome you to having your interest on being slammed n_n

Fender Rolling
having problems rubbing? heres something you can do at home!

items needed:
baseball bat/rolling pin/pipe
color-matched (or close to it) spray paint
heat gun (if possible)

if you're slammed and you notice some rubbing when you turn, its most likely that lip on the edge of the fenders that you need to get rid of. an easy way to fix that is to fold, or in this case, 'roll' that lip up to have more tire clearance. here is a video from 'drift: tengoku' i found useful and actually have done to my car (just the front). i didnt use something that big. i went with something thinner and gradually stepped up the size. also, i didnt hammer either. just went straight to the rolling. i figured the hammering would create bulges.

Clicky here to Fender Rolling

question: i rolled my fenders but i still rub!! WTF?!!
answer: cut em! grab a fine-toothed hacksaw blade like shown...

stack on ducktape on on half of it to use as a handle and hack away!!
*CAUTION*
you will get blisters ;) i strongly advise not to use a power saw for this. it would be easier to mess up. also, using the handle that's made for it, wont fit that great. example is given below.

THESE ARE A NO-NO!

A FEW TIPS
if youre worried about scraping, bashing oil pans, getting stuck, etc... dont just slam it from stock height. before i bought my integ, i havnt driven anything for a few years so slammed before and i had to get used to it. lower it to a 'comfortable' ride height. meaning no wheel gap at the most. and drive around like that for a week or two. just to get a feel of the roads you mostly drive on. remember where the bumps are, what lanes to be in, what lanes NOT to be in, etc..
then when you feel its time to graduate from being lowered to being slammed, then slam away!! just be very weary of places you havnt gone to and places you havnt been to in a while.

if youre planning on wanting to run low offset, you better have the proper ride height. anything above untucked wheels will definately look silly. im sure eveyone will think so too.

this post is for people that has slammed q's so everyone could enjoy and learn all the info in one spot. i figured it'd be easier n_n

Samurai-Blue
Some useful info

This one is about ride quality for people who dont think about it before they slam
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2603553

This one is how you dont necessarily have to use camber kits
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2614449

Last edited:

DC4twokone

Resident Hoodrat
I've got Skunk2 Pro S coils and Im looking at XXR 501's (16x8) gunmetal with a 205/40/16 tire. Will i be able to get a good stance with that and not have to roll the fenders? What kind of offset would get me approved?

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
I've got Skunk2 Pro S coils and Im looking at XXR 501's (16x8) gunmetal with a 205/40/16 tire. Will i be able to get a good stance with that and not have to roll the fenders? What kind of offset would get me approved?
depends on how low you want to go. and believe me, it'll look silly if not at the appropriate ride height. im on the same wheels (16x8 +15 offset) with the same tire size (205/40R16). i had to roll my front fenders and cut the rear for them to clear and to be tucked away nicely.

rockadilla

thats right.
Dear SSS Dr.
I have a rear camber kit on my integra, and for some reason the right rear tire sticks out farther then the left so that if I lowered it any more the tire would not be inside the wheel well, but in fact the fender would be resting ON the tire... :( is this the camber kits fault? If so would a simple alignment fix it?
Thanks,
-Noob

DC4twokone

Resident Hoodrat

I was picturing this in a brighter, stock silver with a shark attack 2 antenna, and its a 2001 so the rear is a bit different. I was thinking i could go more aggressive than this but, i was wondering how you "tuck"wheels under the fenders? What do i do?

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
Dear SSS Dr.
I have a rear camber kit on my integra, and for some reason the right rear tire sticks out farther then the left so that if I lowered it any more the tire would not be inside the wheel well, but in fact the fender would be resting ON the tire... :( is this the camber kits fault? If so would a simple alignment fix it?
Thanks,
-Noob
hello noob, LOL!!
sounds to me, the car has been in an accident. yes? if not, what camber kit are you running? are you sure they're at the same camber on both sides?

I was picturing this in a brighter, stock silver with a shark attack 2 antenna, and its a 2001 so the rear is a bit different. I was thinking i could go more aggressive than this but, i was wondering how you "tuck"wheels under the fenders? What do i do?
seeing that they look like 15's, rolling the fenders (like in the attached vid example) would work fine :thumbs up

rockadilla

thats right.
hello noob, LOL!!
sounds to me, the car has been in an accident. yes? if not, what camber kit are you running? are you sure they're at the same camber on both sides?
Dear SSS Dr.
Wow! Ur a psyhic too?!?! :shock: yes it HAS been in an accident. but I don't think there was much frame damage, the trunk sits a tiny bit off, but I don't think it reached all the way to the rear 1/4 panels, or affected the suspension, and I had the camber adjusted about 4 months ago when I got the camber kit installed, and the paper says the
right was adjusted to: -0.5 degrees and the toe is 0.07 in.
And the left is -0.8 degrees and the toe is 0.08 in.
If u can make sense of that ^ lol it seems about the same to me
Thanks, -Noob

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
Dear SSS Dr.
Wow! Ur a psyhic too?!?! :shock: yes it HAS been in an accident. but I don't think there was much frame damage, the trunk sits a tiny bit off, but I don't think it reached all the way to the rear 1/4 panels, or affected the suspension, and I had the camber adjusted about 4 months ago when I got the camber kit installed, and the paper says the
Thanks, -Noob
it means the right has less camber than the left and the theres more toe angle on the left than the right. the left points in towards the middle of the car than the right does (toe) kinda looks like this (top view, front of car is up where the lines meet) / \ when viewed from above.

that .2 difference can make a big deal in the world of camberness. but yeah. it may have bent something with the control arms, the part the camber kit bolts onto may be warped, trailing arm damage, or maybe just the bushings may be worn.

i know for mine, the rear right quarter panel has been hit and theres more camber on that side than the driver's but there's the same clearance of wheel gap on both sides :???:

Last edited:

heykosal

Angkorian
Dear SSS Dr.
Thanks, -Noob
That's the weird thing about unit bodies..if you hit one side it can affect all the way to the opposite corner.