89 LS dead battery (slow drain)

alcoholisnice

Anyways Ive searched as much as I could, Ive tried differnt sites ect. I have found nothing but general information. Yay another dead battery thread wonderful... So ive went through two new batteries in a month or so.. the best ones advance had to offer, charging system is fine car runs great , not a daily driver and if it sits for more then a day or two wont start.. its gotten to the point where the battery is ruined from being drained luckly they dont have a problem replacing them under warrenty. Got a test light. hooked it between the positive post and cable.. .the light is DIM but on.... removed every fuse/ relay i could find, the light is still on..... ive had the car for two years... nothing has changed since this started to happen... ive removed all after market eletronics just to be sure... this car is bone stock. checked all grounds ect. the only thing that made the light go off was taking out the battery relay.... witch didnt fix anything just disabled the cable.. only problem the car has had even remotely close to this is the headlights dont move and when the fuses are in they continue to try. thus killing the battery.. the people before me had this problem and removed the fuses , i have not had an issue with it since so i doubt this has anything to do with it.. as it stands the car is for sale because i am getting tired of trying to fix it.. If anyone has an idea of what to do next or has had a problem like this please help me:)

MontanaG1

I would be curious how many amp draw you are getting. Hook a voltage meter set to the Amp setting in between the post and the cable to see how much draw. You could start disconnecting wires going to the battery. I actually had alternator wires backwards on a nissan I had and it would drain my battery, but I didn't find it until I started disconnecting wires actually going to the battery. I tried pulling all the fuses.

acclude

cheap bastard
is it possible that the battery relay you mentioned has an internal short? Try plugging in a different relay and see if it helps.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
do the 1st gens have the motorized seat belts, if they do i would look at them