DIY: Icebox how-to

speedin

The Transporter
yOUKNOWae said:
haha im probably going to do this but does the 1/4" hold really do the trick if water gets into the tube.. wont it get suckd up? or is the intake sucktion not that crazy..
1/4 hold?? But to answer the question as long as your not treading water or like to go car swimming. your fine. After a hard rain and playing in puddles all i had was a little water at the 1st dip in the tube and just humidity-like moister in the box. And keep in mind thats all still before the filter. So WAY in the clear.

yOUKNOWae

yeaa sorry i meant to say hole.. but you got the point 8) .. worddd sounds good what did the whole package run you? lol like 50 bucks?

speedin

The Transporter
yOUKNOWae said:
yeaa sorry i meant to say hole.. but you got the point 8) .. worddd sounds good what did the whole package run you? lol like 50 bucks?
yup! only costly thing was the $80 K&N factory filter

speedin

The Transporter
R1DC2 said:
got any engine bay pics?
It looks factory. So nothing really to see. I even cut the orgional pipe (accordion pos) and wrapped it around the steel pipe for sleeperness :twisted:

speedin

The Transporter
spikehairboy said:
Same thing, just a bigger tube. LOL I can top them. 5in tubing. Just need to cut a bigger hole in the bottom of the box thats all. Its all in how big of a pipe you can showhorn in their.

spikehairboy said:
course it is. it looks stock too.. compared to this setup..
HUH? lol, same set-up how they look different? You mean compaired to the comptech?

spikehairboy

Non-Registered User
lol might work against you somehow. lol i dont know how. im not into fluid dynamics... but it probably could.

spikehairboy

Non-Registered User
HUH? lol, same set-up how they look different? You mean compaired to the comptech?

compared to this one. instructions say to get a ebay SRI TI uses stock airbox. cant even see the velocity stack. most of us from TI live in cali we have strict emissions regulations and the worlds bitchiest cops. no intakes alowed no exhaust mods allowed. no underglow even.. not saying id use it but TI's set up is much better IMO

speedin

The Transporter
spikehairboy said:
compared to this one. instructions say to get a ebay SRI TI uses stock airbox. cant even see the velocity stack. most of us from TI live in cali we have strict emissions regulations and the worlds bitchiest cops. no intakes alowed no exhaust mods allowed. no underglow even.. not saying id use it but TI's set up is much better IMO
OH, yea if it was chrome i could see a prob. I painted mine black (looked oem), but not enough. I then cut the oem pipe and put it over the black ebay tube. hahahaha thats sleeper! lol. but yea cali is a bitch :(

speedin

The Transporter
spikehairboy said:
its ok. our legislators are spreading the good laws MD will copy our laws word for word =]
NOO leave the crazy california car laws only in cali. Let the rest of us be!!!!!