Which turbo for a daily driver??

Joepb4life

Hey guys just trying to do some research on good turbo that will give me more whp for my daily driver for and for good price?? wht kind of turbos do u guys have and how much whp??

MoJoJoJo

Banned
lol there's no turbo designed for daily driving....if ur gonna daily drive, then u just run low boost.

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
the greddy kit is good if your not lookin for too much boost and want a reliable set up

sonicvybe

new driver
teggyls said:
the greddy kit is good if your not lookin for too much boost and want a reliable set up
are u trying to say that greddy is weak? :???: i was under the impression they offered a decent turbo kit...not being sarcastic or anything..seriously..what other turbo setup could you reccomend..

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
the greddy kit is ok but not that great if you want to up the boost or tune cause the emange software sucks not saying its weak but there are better and the best way to go is custom

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
Yeah its good for daily and a good 50-105 hp! But not if you're trying to make mad power!

sonicvybe

new driver
icic...hmm this makes me rethink the ordeal :) kit VS custom...oh gosh.
small turbo = faster spool...i want the fast spool...but not sure how much power..rawr...so confused.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
the greddy kits are good for everyday use and reliability. i used to have one on my awd eclipse but i ended up wanting alot more power....but i also decided not to drive that car everyday. the e-manage works great if dyno tuned right.

Joepb4life

i guess it sounds like the greddy is the most reliable torbo kit!? how much power would i get out of the grreddy kit? what factors do i need to consider to get the post power out of any turb besides MONEY!!hahaha :roll:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
i'd make sure you get the kit with a front mount intercooler. Dyno tuning will make sure you get the most out of the kit but its also kind of expensive unless you know someone. If you can't dyno tune it then i would run conservative a/f ratio's and ignition timing to stay on the safe side. i dyno'd my eclipse with a greddy kit, xs engineering fmic, turbo back exhaust and good tuning at 291 hp at all 4 wheels right before i changed it

Last edited:

SOLOTR95

i want to do some research on some turbo kits and i dont know alot so can some one give me a list of different companies that are the best. big gains are a must. price does not matter. :D