DIY: Change gauge cluster lights/ Under dash neons

Strategist102

Banned
Do you have any tips on prying out the hazard button?

I feel like if I press my pick up and pull outwards I'm just scratching the plastic.

94RS

No fucks given.
Hey guys, so I don't get the part where you remove the rod connecting the climate control to the thermostat. Which part is that located?

And Also, where is the climate control button as well? Both show when its already been removed but where do you remove it from?

Sorry i'm a total noob at any car stuff but I'm trying to understand all this. Any help is appreciated.

The hook/rod thing for the slider is under the passenger side dash. Just look up once you get to the front edge of the carpet, you should see the white plastic piece with the rod sticking out.

The "climate" control button was a typo, he meant cruise control. To the left of the steering wheel.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
The easiest way to get under the dash is to remove the passenger seat. Thats what i did and made life 100% better and no need to look like a pretzel when doing it.

The trick is to see where the wire comes up from when pulling it out. If you just yank on the climate controls, (like i did), you will have to guess where it went through to the floor. It took me 10-20 mins constantly shoving and pulling, shoving in a different location and pulling, until i was able to figure out where it went. Not fun, so pay attention to that part ;)

94RS

No fucks given.
The easiest way to get under the dash is to remove the passenger seat. Thats what i did and made life 100% better and no need to look like a pretzel when doing it.
You must be kird's height, I had no problem getting under there :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
Guessing you've got a cover like this where the button should be

In that case, you've got an RS. No need to worry about adding lights to something that doesn't exist :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
I had no problem getting to it. I just opened the passengers door, sat on the ground, looked up under there and unhooked it. :lol:

Then that must mean that old man Keanu's just acting like a little bitch :mrgreen:

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Then that must mean that old man Keanu's just acting like a little b**** :mrgreen:
bwahahaha, had me rolling on the floor laughing :rolf::

When you get my old age, you think smarter. You might get there, or maybe not :mrgreen:

I was taking apart the interior and thought, hey, i should do the cluster and climate control

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Hello again, sorry but I just have 1 more question.

On the website (https://www.superbrightleds.com/products/led-products/206,841,2480,2511,3305,3306/#photos) , what's the difference between the first 3 bulbs and which one should I get?
-WLED-xHP5-RVB

-WLED-xHP5-CAR
-WLED-xHP5-LAN

not sure what the last 3 letters mean.

Same with this one (https://www.superbrightleds.com/products/led-products/220,221,2551,2552/#photos)
-NEOx-xHP
-NEOx-x
You dont need the socket, since you already have it. Just get the LEDs only. The RVB in the description is for RV vehicles. CAR is obvious. LAN is for outdoor use according to the description ;)

HP usually means high power. Get the black one or first pic. Choose the correct size when ordering.

BTW, that is 2 questions :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
You dont need the socket, since you already have it. Just get the LEDs only. The RVB in the description is for RV vehicles. CAR is obvious. LAN is for outdoor use according to the description ;)
In other words, they're all the same bulb. They use different part numbers so they can list them in the different categories on their site (RV/Boat, Car, Landscape)

94RS

No fucks given.
I didnt dig that deep into it
It's in the brief description before you even click on the bulb :rolf:

Besides, a 194 bulb is a 194 bulb. Just as the H3 bulbs in my Buell's headlights are the same as H3 bulbs in fog lights. Doesn't matter what it's listed for, it'll work :rolf:

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
It's in the brief description before you even click on the bulb :rolf:

Besides, a 194 bulb is a 194 bulb. Just as the H3 bulbs in my Buell's headlights are the same as H3 bulbs in fog lights. Doesn't matter what it's listed for, it'll work :rolf:
Wait, i was supposed to read? :rolf: