91 E Brake and Anti Lock brake dash light stuck on

blackintegra91

91 E Brake and Anti Lock dash light stuck on

The title basically explains it all. So how do I fix this. I checked the fuses and thats not the problem. It wouldnt be the problem anyways since they are always on. That could be the the problem if they never came on though. Thanks. Ill appreciate some feedback

Last edited:

Groundfx

Try checking the sensor switch on the e-brake for starters. It's located inside the center console.

blackintegra91

What....

do they look like? I took off the center console and all i saw was a couple cables that tighten when the E Brake is upright. I also saw a wire circuit below the brake handle that look completely in tact and connected and it looked like it disenganged when I let it down. So where is the other end of the wire? Also, the "BRAKE" light dims when you release the emergency brake. If that gives you anymore clues. And dont forget, the "ANTI LOCK" light comes on after driving for about a minute or two. I genuinely appreciate your help. Thank you.

master_tech

check the brake master cylinder fluid level, there is a level sensor on the cap and if the brake fluid is low, the brake light on the dash will stay on. if that's ok then you will need to diagnoise the brake switch circuit.

when the brake light stays on it will cause a abs code 2 and your abs light will stay on. to clear the abs code and turn off the abs light in the dash, remove the abs B2 15amp fuse for 3 seconds. it's located @ the underhood fuse box. resolve the brake light issue 1st before resolving the abs light.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
^ :thumbs up

I don't know who this guy is, but whenever I see him post he's got the right idea.
(+1 for master_tech)

blackintegra91

Well, the brake fluid levels were fine.However a possible reason why the light is still on. A week or so ago, I changed my oil and was checking all my other fluids....including the brake fluid. Even though I wasnt expierencing any brake problems. so would taking the lid off of the brake fluid reserviors (theres 2) cause the "e" BRAKE and ANTI LOCK dash lights to stay on? I also jumped my car not too long ater that and I heard that could cause a problem as well.

Army74D

gtavila_
I was about to post a new thread, but chose to use the "search" option and found what I was looking for. Wish more of you would try searching!

check the brake master cylinder fluid level, there is a level sensor on the cap and if the brake fluid is low, the brake light on the dash will stay on. if that's ok then you will need to diagnoise the brake switch circuit.

when the brake light stays on it will cause a abs code 2 and your abs light will stay on. to clear the abs code and turn off the abs light in the dash, remove the abs B2 15amp fuse for 3 seconds. it's located @ the underhood fuse box. resolve the brake light issue 1st before resolving the abs light.
Anyways, my e-brake light has been staying illuminated on my DA9 for the past few weeks whether the e-brake handle is up or down. Gonna try what this guy said, hopefully the damn light comes off.
Getting ready to sell this b*tch.

g6qwerty

First thing to check when brake light comes on with parking brake not engaged, Brake Master Cylinder Fluid Level.
My E-Brake light was once always on, and it turns out the master Brake cylinder was low, so low we had to bleed the brakes again.
Also the abs light has been on forever, something i think to do with the abs pump, cause every now and then i have to refill the master brake cylinder and the abs side is always full and oily around it. And No leaks anywhere else in the brake system.
I still can Lock up all 4 tires when i slam on the brakes. Theirs a abs code list i came across once I have it printed out though I would have to find it again.