Remote Starters/Alarm

JohnnyK

Yeah I'm looking for a remote car starter that comes with alarm. Anyone know of such that's good for less than $200 or better yet $100? I see some for like 300+ which sounds outrageous.. I just want one that'll alarm if someone touches my precious along with the remote starter cause I'm lazy. Thanks very much.

jznsn2u

Search up clifford / viper alarm systems. I think people get the 'remote engine start up' for show, it would be hard to understand you're too indulgent to twist a key bro. :lol:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Hey, spoiled Cali weather guy, ever come out to your car when it 0 degrees with a -30 wind chill and you car's coated in snow and ice? Now tell me a remote start is just an indulgence item for showoff's! lol

JonnyK. You can get good alarm/remote start's for less than $200....but then you gotta pay for the install unless you can do it yourself. At the shop I used to work at, it's $175ish buck to install one of those - and that's just for a "nothing special", generic install. The install is just as important as the equipment when it comes to alarms. If you wanna save money on the alarm but still get a good one, get one without the huge range and/or two-way paging remotes with the LCD screens and all that. Get regular remotes with the regular 500 or so foot range.

jznsn2u

Hey, spoiled Cali weather guy, ever come out to your car when it 0 degrees with a -30 wind chill and you car's coated in snow and ice? Now tell me a remote start is just an indulgence item for showoff's! lol
0 degrees. I don't know what your talking about....top dead center?... :crazy:

mirrorimg

Yeah I'm looking for a remote car starter that comes with alarm. Anyone know of such that's good for less than $200 or better yet $100? I see some for like 300+ which sounds outrageous.. I just want one that'll alarm if someone touches my precious along with the remote starter cause I'm lazy. Thanks very much.
And you want to go cheap on an alarm... Am I missing something?

Anguisette

I'mARegisteredUser
0 degrees. I don't know what your talking about....top dead center?... :crazy:
:rolf:

you guys are hilarious haha. I love reading posts just to see the sarcasm lol

as to OP, when it comes to security, do NOT be a cheap-o when your driving the most stolen/broken into cars... especially if you have things inside that you value. there are numerous ways to break into/stealing your car without barely touching the thing. 300+ is totally worth it IMO if you plan on putting major $$$ into this car.

Also I would suggest not to just get an alarm, because if someone is smart enough to do their research, many systems can be bypassed very easily. I suggest high quality alarm, and several cut off switches (fuel, ignition, etc).

If you have a 5 speed, relocate your parking break wire, and your hood latch wire.

Any added security just lowers your chance of damages/losses.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
a "good" alarm system will run you around 400, Clifford matrix 12.5x or look into compustar, they have a really nice one with remote start, alot of security features and built in turbo timer which you can change with the remote.