Engine/ Transmission trouble....

ImportRacer209

My '94 acura integra ls started giving me some trouble yesterday when I was driving it, everything was fine until I came to a stop and the car felt like it was about to die (a rough chug), but that's only when the car is in drive, but when in park it seems fine.... I'm not sure what's going on, any help would be appreciated, thanks....

ImportRacer209

I have already replaced the TPS and I don't believe there is a blown head gasket, cause I don't see any water in the oil or oil in the water and there is no smoke so again not a blown head gasket, but I am hearing this what to be a air leak coming form underneath the car around the exhaust/headers, so if anyone has any ideas of what u think it could be let me know thanks....

Nick_C78

I'm just trying to get the basics out of the way, because every time I spend a while trying to diagnose these issues for people it ends up being something stupid that they supposedly already checked/changed. Go over the basics again.

How old is your fuel filter? If it's new try fuel injector cleaner. You can also do a conpression test if you are that worried. Another thing is to do the valve lash.

ImportRacer209

I can understand that and thats fine, I don't know how old the fuel filter is, I have put injector cleaner in it about a month ago

STOCKGSR98

hello, i need some help trying to figure out what the noise is, i have a 98 integra gsr never had and problems with the engine and transmission still shifts and clutch still engages great but driving forward in first gear all the way through fifth gear it sounds like the transmission. at low speeds it sounds like the right tire is rubbing against metal as speed increases it only makes noise from transmission while coasting in gear, after depressing the clutch the noise stops and under acceleration the noise stops as well.