type r b16

yeifri

hey guys i curently have a 98 ls with a 00 b16 type r swap, with lsd tranny and type r headers, was wondering what other things can i do to make it a lil quicker. dnt want go turbo or swap the engine. any ideas will help thanks

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
final drive
different header
intake
exhaust
tune

youre only going to get 180-190 AT MOST with those mods. unless you change cams. But it doesnt sound like you want to do anything besides bolt ons but you want more power. If you went cams you would probably want to get a 1.8l to make a little more power.

yeifri

final drive
different header
intake
exhaust
tune

youre only going to get 180-190 AT MOST with those mods. unless you change cams. But it doesnt sound like you want to do anything besides bolt ons but you want more power. If you went cams you would probably want to get a 1.8l to make a little more power.
right now am doing about 185 hp stock, so what cams would you recomend? and you mean swaping my all engine to 1.8?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Is 185 a dyno number? I have a hard time believing a b16b puts that power down to the wheels when a stock ITR puts down 166 whp

Nick_C78

People don't understand advertised does not equal whp...

Just like the "I just want 200 whp NA, nothing major" people.

Nick_C78

Leave the motor alone, leave the trans alone. Just shave some weight off the car or get suspension, better grip, learn how to drive your car via HPDE.

Nick_C78

I saw 158 whp and 109 torque in the short google search I did. It all depends on the dyno. Not all Dyno read the same...or even in the same realm...