Our Website Family: TunerSports.com ClubCivic.com ClubIntegra.com
Attention Acura Integra Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or r

Welcome to ClubIntegra.com.

A forum dedicated to the Acura Integra, including all generations. In order to post on this forum you will have to register.

Registration is free and will entitle you to other site features including access to post your Acura Integra in the member's garage, join in raffles for performance parts, etc.

To start viewing messages by generation, select the Acura Integra forum that you want to visit from the list below. Or view all Acura Integra forums.

Go Back   ClubIntegra.com - Acura Integra Forum > Integra Generations Tech > 2nd Generation Acura Integra (1990-1993)

2nd Generation Acura Integra (1990-1993) 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993 Acura Integra

Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->

Inquring on info for K24 swap

2nd Generation Acura Integra (1990-1993)

Old 11-13-2016, 06:30 PM   #1
Hersh

Default Inquring on info for K24 swap

So for starters, I am not gong to claim that I am a master, I have basic skills and know how.
I'm about to embark on a crazy project and am trying to be well prepared. With that being said I have a 1990 Integra DA that I plan on putting a k24 into, I have plenty of hurdles to jump through I am sure of. The k24 I am going to receive has the ECU and wiring harness and a auto trams, I plan on seeing about a trade or just selling the transmission when I get to that point as I want to stick to manual. I am also going to rebuild the engine before the swap, I want to clean up the engine bay when I pull the b18 out of it, which I broke when the timing belt snapped on my way out of work, in case anyone feels the need to say why I would do this in the first place, my original goal was to fix the body work, demolest the wiring in the car and make the car a sleeper for the most part and think about dropping a b18c in it. Now I live in Arizona and have almost no emissions I have to worry about and when I registered the car I did not have to get a inspection, go Arizona. The car has Coil overs and a stupid exhaust, plan is to just probably do a stock one, do something like electric cut outs, basically continue to go towards a elegant sleeper that does not stand out as much since this car was the first car to get me a ticket out of the 10 years I have been driving I am now partial to her. So here's what I need to ask, I want to essentially future proof the engine so if I decide to turbo it I can, so what kind of parts should go into the engine build? What special parts will I need for the swap, this way I can create a budget as well, what kinds of things can I shave in the engine bay? I will be using it as a street car so I don't have to have some insane power but I do want it to be nice and zippy, but like I said just in case I decide to be that guy I plan to future proof what I can. I would like to say this is a budget build I would like to get the car back on the road as fast as possible, but I can afford things within reason. Any help would be appreciated and if you have subject ions I would love to hear it out.
I did have a friend suggest maybe finding out if there's a b series transmission to k series adapter, for a temporary tranny solution, does on existing?
Hersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 07:50 PM   #2
94RS
No f***s given.

What I got out of that is that you've got basic skills and want to do a K swap....?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneed2Hate View Post
no one here speaks asshole... except for 94RS, he's fluent in that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VISTAslangsROCz View Post
You just ruined my thread

1994 Integra RS - Dead again...

1981 Honda C70

1982 Kawasaki KZ440

2003 Buell Firebolt XB9R
94RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 07:57 PM   #3
Hersh

Pretty much, I have rebuilt A engine, done body work, nothing crazy, basic repairs on cars And hve done a head casket, but was guided through those, I also know a few welder so by trade. Just gotta prepare for the swap because I don't want to not have a understanding of what I need and what will need to be modded, I know I can do what ever I set out to do if I gather enough information.
Old 11-13-2016, 08:05 PM   #4
R13
The other asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hersh View Post
a head casket

Is that like a casket for beheaded people?
Sunburned Window Trim Crew Member #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinMcGee1 View Post
You can't have a B16 because you have an automatic transmission.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar112709 View Post
Longer gears tho
Quote:
Okay try it and tell us how it works
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94RS View Post
Sooo..... You're lanky and stupid, I'm a short asshole, and he likes to ride ass. Pretty f***ing accurate.
( . Y . )
2 Wheeled discussions

DSLR Photography Thread

The Stang Thread
R13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 03:42 AM   #5
R13
The other asshole

Btw new guy to CI

Excuse dickhead up there with the memes, it's just something you learn to love if you stick around.

Post pics of your whip yo
Sunburned Window Trim Crew Member #1
Quote:
You can't have a B16 because you have an automatic transmission.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar112709 View Post
Longer gears tho
Quote:
Okay try it and tell us how it works
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94RS View Post
Sooo..... You're lanky and stupid, I'm a short asshole, and he likes to ride ass. Pretty f***ing accurate.
( . Y . )
2 Wheeled discussions

DSLR Photography Thread

The Stang Thread
R13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 12:27 PM   #6
Samurai_Blue
Yolo Whippin'

Send a message via AIM to Samurai_Blue Send a message via MSN to Samurai_Blue

k swap is an easy swap except you have to remove a mount. If you get all the swap items like the radiator and all that jazz its a drop in. I think Hybrid Racing has a list of everything you need

Mishimoto | Tuner Sports | Garage Star | Raceline USA | Build | Instagram: @DylonFujiFilm
Samurai_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 01:48 PM   #7
JustinMcGee1
I like Hondas

I hate to air on the side of being reasonable, but have you considered moving up to a DC integra where there are kits and everything you need?
Quote:
Originally Posted by functionteg View Post
so my friends bro just offered to trade me his genuine rota slips
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRubss View Post
If it weren't for Clubintegra, I think I would have been a ricer.
JustinMcGee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 06:56 PM   #8
Samurai_Blue
Yolo Whippin'

Send a message via AIM to Samurai_Blue Send a message via MSN to Samurai_Blue

you dan do it in a da its just a little harder clearance wise. I think you run into ground clearance issues

Mishimoto | Tuner Sports | Garage Star | Raceline USA | Build | Instagram: @DylonFujiFilm
Samurai_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 07:30 PM   #9
Hersh

I have thought about going to the newer one, but I am a little attached to mine at the moment, it is kind of sentimental, got it through a friend, started body work with some friends and beers, first car I got a ticket in lol, and the fact it was built 1 month before I was born.

I have read about the ground clearence, I figure I may do something with the hood, not sure yet but I figure after it is in and I can check what would need to be done I can tackle that, since the mounts I saw can change the clearence.

The reason I choose to do a kswap is because of the deal I got on the engine, if I look at the cost of driving to Vegas and getting a B18c, and everything it's going to. Cost pretty close to the same with the engine I was offered.

Also I don't ever see kswaps out here, so I like the idea of being different

Last edited by Hersh; 11-20-2016 at 07:32 PM.