Hytech header any good?

blacknightteg

I drive a Reject Special
how good is this header? i have a guy on another forum who deals them saying that i can get one for a little undert 300. he says that it will put on atleast 10hp for my teg. are they any good? and is that a good price for it? or are there any others that are just as good but a little cheaper?

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
The Hytech header is in IMO, the best aftermarket header for Integras. You can't get a real one for $300. It's most likely the replica that the guy is talking about .

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
It could be a Hytech replica, because a real Hytech header sells for around $1200 brand new. Look at the header and see if it has one of these on it:

It's against the law to replicate that!

Hytech is about as good as it gets for aftermarket headers for Integra's, which is why other companies are out there copying them. Imitation is the ultimate form of flattery, right? People copy them because they are among the best. And I guess even the replicas do make decent gains.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I don't think you could pass smog with the replica.
I figured that too.Basically, I only have three choices. Comptech, DC Sports, and Greddy. I want to try to find a Comptech header brand new, but I have a feelings that's not going to be easy.

SOLOITR2001

2001 ITR OWNER
Well I Just Got Mine Like A Month Ago And It Was No Where Near That Price. Mine Was 1800 Thats Including Their High Flow Cat. With Hytech I Bought The Hondata S300 Like John At Hytech Told Me To So I Could Tune It To Its Peak Potential And It Increased Shy Of 20hp And 22tq. They Are The Shit.

SOLOITR2001

2001 ITR OWNER
Hytech Says That Companies All Over Try To Replicate Their Design And Havent Been Able To. For 300 You Bet Your Ass You Are Not Getting A Real One. With The Real Hytech Header And Exhaust Smog Was Better Then Stock By 50%

blacknightteg

I drive a Reject Special
alright well thank you for the info everyone, what about a greddy header? i mean i already have an evo 2 exhaust. would it be good to go ahead and get a greddy header instead to match up with my evo 2? and what are yall talking about when you talk about "smog" im assuming something to do with emissions?

blacknightteg

I drive a Reject Special
i checked and they are replica's i wasnt paying to much attention when i was reading what he was posting on the other forum. but yeah, my next question still ask, would greddy headers be good and smoke legal?

CortezBanks

i checked and they are replica's i wasnt paying to much attention when i was reading what he was posting on the other forum. but yeah, my next question still ask, would greddy headers be good and smoke legal?

im now sure if greddy headers are "smoke legal" but ill assure you that they are carb legal ;)

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I figured that too.Basically, I only have three choices. Comptech, DC Sports, and Greddy. I want to try to find a Comptech header brand new, but I have a feelings that's not going to be easy.
I've seen a few.

Comptech goodies are going to be rare as hell now.