Bigger brake calipers...

AWWilson88

AWWilson88
I was wondering if a bigger break caliper from another Honda/Accura with 2 pistons that would fit on my 96 teg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
They're other calipers that will work: ITR, Prelude, Legend, S2000. But if you're just looking for more stopping power you'd prob be more than satisfied with a pad upgrade.

Last edited:

Nick_C78

Why do you want more pistons? My track car still uses a single piston ITR caliper. Pad compound matters more.

Nick_C78

Be careful when upgrading pads for a street car. You need to get ones in your temperature range or else they won't work right. High performance pads require a lot of heat to grip, heat that you just won't generate on the street.

I say you get some Hawk HPS though. They are a good street pad that can handle spirited driving.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I run HPS and they take more abuse than you'd think. HP+ are ok for the street as well, but if you're not doing repeated hard braking they're not necessary. Anything beyond that is track only.

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
will they squeak as well if they dont get into the operating temperature? i think i ran a aggressive brake pad at one point and it squeaked alot and didnt work to well so i switched them back out cuz it scared the crap out of me.

I am also running ITR calipers in the front and they feel a little spongy, do i need to bleed them more or is this pointing to another problem?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
HPS don't squeal, HP+ sometimes when it's cold they did for me. Spongy pedal is most likely air, so yea you need to bleed them.

Nick_C78

Or you can put the hose in a bottle and pump away. :p but yeah I wanna get a power bleeder. Is that hf one any good? Always skeptical of their shit. Their vices are hollow!

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Lol I feel like he thinks he needs some for stop & go traffic..
Well, you're getting the best advice here OP.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Or you can put the hose in a bottle and pump away. :p but yeah I wanna get a power bleeder. Is that hf one any good? Always skeptical of their shit. Their vices are hollow!

If the valve isn't shut when you let off the brake you're just gonna suck air back into the system.

It works as good as the mityvacs I've had for 1/3 of the price. quality wise it's made in China, but like I said, for the money it's good.

Nick_C78

If the valve isn't shut when you let off the brake you're just gonna suck air back into the system.
Not if the bottle has fluid in it already. Protip. Lol aslong as the hose is in fluid it won't suck in air. Also a long hose like 12 inches or more, prevents it from sucking old fluid in to caliper. :p