integra GS-R vs 2005 rsx type s

jdmgsr04

yea i was wondering with these mods if i can beat a 2005 rsx type s, cold air intake,skunk 2 intake manifold,fuel rail, walbaro fuel pump,hi-flow cat, and greddy evo exhaust...i have a firend that drives a rsx type s 2005...and i was just wondering if i can take him

01cleatus

Damn that'll be a good race.....If you do video tape it. Although I think it'll be close I think it'll come down to the driver.

CHILD

all day all JDM
hmmm 210 to the flywheel DC5 against about 185 or 190 to the flywheel DC2 that is much lighter??

its gonna be one of those driver nights......I say whoever gets off the line first is gonna stay there
good luck and be carefull 8)

ca86108

i beat rsx's with just headers and intake.. so u should beat em.. ive never raced the 2005's tho.. i heard thjey are the same as the o2-o4 because even tho they ahve 10 more hp the rims make the car 100lbs more heavier

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
ca86108 said:
the rims make the car 100lbs more heavier
The rims on the '05 RSX's are 100 pounds heavier than the '02-'04 RSX rims?
I highly doubt it :roll:

I think the RSX will be faster. Mainly because of the Skunk2 IM you have, it ain't helping you out with those other mods.
Fuel pump, useless
Fuel rial, useless
So you basically have I/C/E, and an IM that's killing your intake airflow velocity. If you had a properly sized I/H/C/E setup and a stock IM, it would be a close race.

ca86108

well i dont mean it like that.. im sayin it has HEAVIER RIMS.. and teh CAR itself is 100 lbs more

Todd

token ex-mod
stock to stock the rsx is only SLIGHTLY quicker than the gsr....
i say with those mods you should be close.... although tegsox was right when he said the skunk2 im is hurting you.... you need cams, valve, springs, and retainers... or atleast some street cams before it benefits you, otherwise it shifts your powerband out of your rpm range

DB8_228

i dunno how fast the new type s's are...i've seen them beat a stock EVO VIII. They're pretty quick. so it'll be a good race find out. I wanna race a type s to see whose quicker myself...haha. :p

ca86108

type s cant beat an evo NO MATTER what.. NO MATTER WHAT unless boosted or putting 15 grand in the engine.. NO WAY.. i saw a race where a stock evo shitted on a heavily modded type s with hondata.. u must be lying... or the evo wasnt racing,, or he fell asleep at the wheel.. or the type s had turbo

ca86108

the lancer wasnt really trying and in hte first race he caught up and passed them.. but yea theres no way with those bolt ons can that rsx run mid to low 13's even tho that rsx is quick.. must be the racing header

htwnzbad1

I know these two guys that raced. RSX TypeS '04 VS 94 Integra GSR
RSX: Apexi N1
GSR: Intake , Exhaust, Shortshifter.

The RSX and the GSR where both even.
They raced many times and the RSX lost once I believe.
So think you should be able to beat him.