Do I need new BATTERY or new ALTERNATOR?!

YadaDA9

Okay so the other day I was working on my friend's car for most of the day. I had my car parked in front of the house and I left the passenger door open because I had some of the tools in the car. At the end of the day, I noticed the the door ajar light(in the cluster) stayed on when the interior light(the one on the ceiling) was set to DOOR, but turned off when I set it to ON or OFF. Also, my trunk ajar light(in the cluster) stayed on when I had the light set on ON, but turned off when I set it to OFF. Neither my interior light(once again the one on the ceiling) and the trunk light have turned on ever since. My friends told me that my battery should charge while I drive, but I drove all day and nothing seems to have changed. At the moment, I have no trouble starting the engine, but I just want to be careful.

So the question is: Do I need to get a new battery or alternator? Or is it too early to tell. I plan to just buy both if nothing changes within the next couple days.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Take your damn battery down to autozone and have it tested. If it's holding a charge it's probably your alternator.