Welding a highflow cat

ka0ticnight

I have questions about the compatibility and setup of a Yonaka high flow cat (or any universal cat for that matter). I already have a Yonaka catback exhaust and I've wanted to upgrade headers and cat for some time now.

My main dilemma is the welding and permanence of the cat.

For a while I wanted to go with a Invidia test pipe just because of its bolt on configuration, but I'm scared it would be too loud for a daily driver. So I found out that Yonaka sold high flow cats but I'm unsure about the welding and setup of it. Would it be possible to take the flanges off the OEM cat and weld that to the high flow Yonaka just for ease of bolting on? Also would doing that still allow compatibility to future Yonaka Headers?

Thank you so much for any help.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
test pipe on a NA car WILL be too loud for a daily. Unless you have experience with loud exhausts I would not recommend it. If you want to test how it sounds just disconnect the cat from the header and take it for a drive. Thats close to how it would sound.

You just need to buy the flanges any muffler shop should have them in stock. Vibrant sells flanges too if you want to buy them ahead of time. I would def recommend the high flow cat for a daily driver.

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
X2 I ran no cat on my Integra for a while and it sounds amazing for the first day. But after 15 minutes on the highway where you can't hear the radio or anything else other than exhaust and you will hate it. Id run a dc sport header and leave the stock cat

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2