Help w/ Removing B18b Intake Manifold

McMahon

JackTuned
I had made a thread about a week or so ago, and I'm stuck.

I have EVERYTHING done except the bottom bolts that hold the intake manifold in....

What would be the best way to get them off? All I have is a basic socket set and some wrenches.

I'm going to try going from underneath, but it looks like its still going to be a bitch to get at.

Is there any way to get it done easier....?

McMahon

JackTuned
I'm going to lift it and put it on jack stands and try to go underneath with an extension and a swivel adapter. I'll check back here if I cant get it.

McMahon

JackTuned
I got them, sat there for an hour or more trying to tug it out....realized that theres a bracket underneath that has 2 12mm bolts that hold the intake manifold up.

They're rusted to crap, so I loaded them up with liquid wrench hoping that'll work.

aaarrrghhh

McMahon

JackTuned
I still have the 2 bolts left on the bracket underneath the Intake Manifold.

The left one I can get the socket on, but it wont come loose, and I dont want to strip it.
The right one the socket wont even fit on because its rusty.

Any ideas?

rexpepper123

break em and use an easy out and re tap the holes? lol not a very good idea that could be last chance summer dance idea or you could just use the easy out if they are that rusted

McMahon

JackTuned
Its just that there really is not enough room to get in there.

Its the bracket underneath the intake manifold, so you have to lift the car a little, and go from underneath.

Its hard just to get a ratchet in there lol.

Jabes

ever think about just taking off the bracket? i think its held on by a couple 14mm bolts

willkis

I am dealiing with the same exact problem on my 1990 Integra LS. I have only hand tools and can not for the life of me figure out how to get at these bolts. Beat bet seem to be to come from below near the oil filter. I can get a 12 MM socket on the bolts even though I can not see them, by there is no space to get any leverage to remove them. Even the bolts for the brackets won't come loose althou I can see them better. Am i going to have to take off the alternator to come in from the side. I am surprised more people have not had trouble with this. PLease let me know what I can do to get by this roadblock.

lucky001055

You can unbolt the bracket from the block itself. That's what I do. Then I take the bracket off of the manifold once it's off the engine. Don't worry about putting it back on. I ran without it with no problems. Even with track days and backroads racing on top of daily driving 100mi a day.