Timing belt Question

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
how long are timing belts supposed to last ? also i live in san diego but im planning a trip to six flags like in 2 weeks but my car is about to roll 109,000 miles and i still havent changed the damn timing belt so my question is will my car be cool to make a 500-600 mile trip there and back ? im just a little worried and right now i really have not time to change it either. So you guys think ill be okay ? ive done all the other tune ups like oil, ngk plugs, ngk wires just not a Tbelt or water pump. I need some opinions.

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
i made it to maine and back which was a round trip of 600 miles total. im guessing there's a difference since i took a break and you're going non-stop. my mileage then was around the same as yours; probably more. im pretty sure you would make it unless you decide on racing the whole way there lol. what the heck, just change the damn thing! :lol:

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Normally, people change their timing belts after the 100k mark. I recommend you change it before Six Flags. We should meet up before you go if you have time, since you're gonna be passing through. I really wanna check out ur DC. Toda timing belt FTW! :thumbs up

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
see i would change it but i have not time i work nights and sleep during the day. I have the parts just not ime on my hands. fuck it im just gonna go and no im not racing i hardly ever go past 80mph which is the speed ill probably be going the whole trip.

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
:lol: granny driving FTW! that's how you do it. :roll: oh yeah dont forget to check your oil level.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
DC2Integ said:
see i would change it but i have not time i work nights and sleep during the day. I have the parts just not ime on my hands. fuck it im just gonna go and no im not racing i hardly ever go past 80mph which is the speed ill probably be going the whole trip.
You should be fine man. I don't go past 80 on the freeway either.

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
JDM_Conversion said:
:lol: granny driving FTW! that's how you do it. :roll: oh yeah dont forget to check your oil level.
hell yeah i always drive like that why waste my gas when its expensive as fuck. i just changed my oil not even a month ago.

mteg

Automatic Lover
I would change it if I were you. At least pull your valve cover off and check it. A snapped belt will ruin your trip. I'd rather spend 30 min checking the belt and a sat afternoon replacing one, then haing my motor rebuilt.

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
yeah im not going im going to change it in 2 weeks when i have a 3 days off in a row. im not going to risk it and possibly ruin my head lol

GSROWNSU

dc2GS-R said:
Better safe than sorry. Timing belts are easier to replace then valves
Definitely! I just changed my friends timing belt in his 2000 si...first time doing it...not too hard of a job just time consuming...had fun doing it though!

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
how longs that shit take ? hey sam you paid alot i rather pay $100 something for parts and do it myself but you had no choice you had to bounce out. let me know when you get back in NY.