Samurai Blue's Integra Build

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
so i guess here are some pictures since im doing nothing at work anyways

This was all done at Evil Genius Racing in West Sacramento. John Paegel is the owner and he is the one who did my back half. It is a standard back half, with an x brace. If we compare it to an Autopower:

Its basically the same thing, i think the tubing is the same, although the thickness i chose may have been a bit thicker. I went with a 1.75" x 0.120" DOM tubing size. Its legal to run a 1.5" tube, but when i saw that size tubing in a 240sx it didnt look big enough, even visually on the EGR rollbars for miatas which use 1.5" it didnt look big. The benefits of a 1.5" is you can bend it easier, and its strong too. But, personally i dont think i will expand the back half. So, 1.75" is fine enough.

through the trunk

Thanks patrick for letting me borrow the lower M brace element. Its really just a typical back half with extra bracing.

this is through the passenger door. John left it up to me to clean up the welds, i think im going to keep them like that.

mirror

This is another reason why i went with the custom rollbar vs an auto power. Is the height of the bar its self. Its a tight squeeze to put in my hand between the bar and the roof. And, if this actually does need to serve its purpose ill be glad i have an extra few inches above my head. And, if someone taller was to drive my car they would also be protected. This was the reason my sunroof came out, is that extra 2" of space.

[/IMG]

Wing stuff

I wetsanded the wing, so its not glossy, i just got polishing compound on my way to work

mounted it as well

Major thanks to John at EGR for building the cage, Aaron, Amanda and Oscar for helping me paint it. Im rubbish with traditional arts and crafts.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Why didn't you paint the wing?
it is painted. its like done. except i need to do the polishing step to make the clear coat shine, and then wax it. But its done. It looks "flat" because wet sanding makes the clear coat dull

this is how it looks like now its a picture from a diy painting thing. Its a wet sanded clear coat.

This is how it will look after its "buffed" with a polishing compound

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Edit: Why didn't you paint match it?
it is paint matched. A paint shop mixed a few cans of paint to my color code. It just looks different since its a flat color against a glossy car. It will look about the same once i buff it. Just wont be exact due to sun fade on my car.

Nick_C78

Nice roll bar dude. I'm not going to lie. At first I thought you wasted 200 dollars instead of just getting an autopower bar. But after seeing it, I think you still made a good choice. The only part I don't like is that it isn't removable/reusable like the autopower is. Say you damage your chassis somehow..well now you are out of a 700 dollar roll bar as well. Thats the only part I dislike, everything else about it looks top notch! Now you lost your confidence excuse bro. Get out there and drive! I don't wanna hear the word "Scared" come out of your mouth. 2:15 by the end of the year bro!

Oh and you do know that your rear strut bar piece is worthless right? You might as well give it back to pat now, because it isn't doing a god damn thing anymore lol.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Nice roll bar dude. I'm not going to lie. At first I thought you wasted 200 dollars instead of just getting an autopower bar. But after seeing it, I think you still made a good choice. The only part I don't like is that it isn't removable/reusable like the autopower is. Say you damage your chassis somehow..well now you are out of a 700 dollar roll bar as well. Thats the only part I dislike, everything else about it looks top notch! Now you lost your confidence excuse bro. Get out there and drive! I don't wanna hear the word "Scared" come out of your mouth. 2:15 by the end of the year bro!

Oh and you do know that your rear strut bar piece is worthless right? You might as well give it back to pat now, because it isn't doing a god damn thing anymore lol.
show piece breh! i can see a 2:15 at somewhere. And, i figured if i fucked my chassis up even with an auto power something would mess up with the bar. that was my thinking. Might as well go all out on this car, i dont know if im going to own another integra.